8-Sorting

-Harry

I held my hand close to my nose to keep the blood from spilling all over the carpeted train floors.

"Harry I'm so sorry." Hermione started to apologize.

I shook my head to show it wasn't her fault. "Don't apologize Hermione. It wasn't you who punched me."

"But still mate, if she wouldn't have said anything,  he wouldn't have punched you." Hermione guiltily shot daggers at Ron.

"Well Ronald," Hermione started. Her tone was filled with rage. "If you wouldn't have asked why he was running his hands through the creepy one's hair we wouldn't be in this situation."

Ron huffed annoyed. "Don't try pinning this on me, Mione. Maybe you should hold your tongue next time."

"Why you-"

Before Hermione could finish, I butt in. "We should get going guys. The sortings gonna start soon."

Hermione huffed and Ron crossed his arms over his chest annoyed, but they followed me off the train none the less. The trek to the carriages wasn't terrible. I was met by the familiar sight of the thestrals that pulled the carriages to the school. I smiled at it and patted its head. "You must be glad Hermione, Ron, and I saved this world. If not, you'd be out of a job and back into the woods."

The horse neighed and shook its head away from my hand. I frowned. What was that about. Then, out of nowhere, the horse bowed. I smirked. Finally, the respect I deserve. Then a voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, Nico look how pretty they are!" Before I knew it, Percy was petting the thestral that was bowing to me.

"Do you mind?" I spat. "This creature is appreciating the one who saved his life, so if you don't mind leaving."

Percy's smile fell and he rolled his eyes. "How big is this guys ego. I mean, I thought Octavian was bad, but him? Neeks this is gonna be a long year."

The gothic boy sighed and nodded. "Yep. We better get in one of the carriages before we get left."

Percy nodded and climbed into the carriage that had my bowing horse pulling it. Before they could ride off, I jumped in with them. Well, at least I tried to. Before I could land, the skeletal horse moved just far away enough to where I wouldn't land in the cart, but on the ground in front of it.

"How dare you, you stupid animal!?" I yelled.

Percy's eyes darkened. What once was sea green was now a dark murky green. Like an angry sea storm. "You need to learn to respect these beautiful horses Potter before I get angry, and when I'm angry, no one is safe. So learn to be more respectful towards people, animals, and anything, in general before I get to upset to stop myself from hurting you."

With that, the thestral began trotting off towards the castle.

-Percy

After Nico punched Harry in the face, I followed him off the train. Once I got off, I didn't see him anywhere around the station. Panic started rising in my chest as I frantically looked around for the son of Hades. I walked around until I saw him. I sighed in relief and approached him. When I got there, I realized he was talking to someone. This person was incredibly tall and hair seemed to cover every exposed part of his body.

I smiled and walked up behind Nico. "Hey."

Nico turned around to look at me then looked right back to the big hairy man in front of him. "Hagrid this is Percy." He motioned towards me, but his eyes were still on the large man. "He's the one who came with me on the quest."