16- Telling Red

-Nico

I don't see how Percy was just okay with telling Ginny everything. Like what the Hades?! It would've been safer if we just killed her or something like that. But nope. Percy Jackson and is caring self just had to bash the idea. 

So here we are now. Sitting by the lake with Ginny Weasley and explaining everything to her. It was still dark out. I'm guessing it was around 12 at night. 

"So wait." The girl said. "You're telling me that you two are children of the Greek gods that are apparently real and that you have powers based on who your godly parent is?"

Percy nodded and smiled. "Yep. You're taking this surprisingly well."

Ginny nodded and smile back. "This is honestly really cool. I never even thought about other magical races living out in the world."

"Yeah well, they do," I said with a hint of anger. "And with us demigods comes monsters. So don't go thinking that just because we have powers that we live happy rainbow farting lives cause we don't."

Percy gave me a disapproving glare. "Nico. Be nice." 

I rolled my eyes. "But whyyyyy?"

The tanned boy beside me had a look of shock on his face for a second then it turned into a look of pride. "Did I just get Nico di Angelo to whine?"

My eyes went wide and I could feel my cheeks heating up. "No!"

Percy let out a laugh that made my heart swell a little. "Now you're blushing! Gods I need to tell Grace about this.'

"Don't you dare tell that bolt chucking monster anything!" I shouted. If Jason knew Percy got me to pout I'd never hear the end of it. 

Percy and Ginny laughed at my reaction. I huffed and rolled my eyes. Sometimes I hate people. Everyone but Percy. I risked a glance at him and quickly fixed my eyes on the ground. My cheeks heated up again. He looked so beautiful when he laughed. His eyes crinkled at the sides and his mouth was open spilling the glorious sound. 

"You guys don't seem like the threatening, killing, war type. You're just so, nice." Ginny said one the laughter died down. 

Percy stopped laughing too and smiled warmly at the redhead. "Thanks, Gin. I'm actually really glad you found out about us. That'll piss Harry and them off even more now that you seem to know our big 'secret'."

I perked up at that. Harry and the rest would probably be really upset when they find out Ginny knows our secret. But the only way they could find out was if Ginny told them. 

I turned to the girl who seemed to have fire for hair. "Ginny I need you to swear on the river Styx that you won't tell anyone about what we just told you." The girl looked confused so I continued on. "The river Styx is magical and an oath made on it shouldn't be broken or a fate worse than death will happen."

"Fate worse than death?" She asked. "What's worse than death."

I was quick to reply. "The death of a loved one." A risked another glance at Percy and saw him look down in shame. "Going bankrupt. Something important being harmed beyond repair. Get the idea?"

She nodded. "I swear on the River Styx that I will not tell anyone what Percy or Nico told me about tonight that had anything to do with their parents and abilities." 

Thunder rumbled across the sky causing the redhead to jump a little. 

"Well, now that the whole secret telling is over I think I know what we can do." Percy said as he slowly stood up.

"What would that b-" I was interrupted when a jet of cold water hit me dead in the face. I coughed and sputtered while I heard Percy's laughter. 

I smirked and grabbed my sword. "You'll regret that Jackson." I shoved my sword deep into the dirt beneath us and a crack formed. From the crack came about twenty skeletons. I glared at Percy, smirk still on my face. "Charge!"

 The skeletons chased after Percy and the son of the sea gods' eyes widened before he ran off in the opposite direction. "Damnit di Angelo!" I heard him scream as he ran.

Now it was my turn to laugh. I looked over at Ginny and saw that she was trying to hold in her laugh, but with no avail. She soon joined me in the laughter. 

Our laughter didn't stop. Oh no, it only grew louder when Percy jumped into the lake in order to escape the skeletons. 

The stopped chasing him and just stood at the edge of the lake probably waiting for him to resurface. With a wave of my hand, all the skeletons went back underground and Ginny and I continued laughing.

"That was brilliant!" She wheezed out. 

"Yes. It was so funny making me run from skeletons." Percy said as he climbed out of the lake. 

Ginny and I smiled when we saw him but Ginny's smile turned into a confused frown when she saw that Perce was dry. 

"How are you dry?" She asked.

Percy smiled and tapped his head with his finger. "Son of Poseidon remember?"

"Ohhhh." She said. Her smile now forming again. "That makes sense."

I nodded. "We should get back to the school before Harry, Ron, and Hermione get suspicious. Knowing them, they'll come out here looking for us soon."

Percy and Ginny nodded and together we walked back up to the castle known as school.

-------------------------------------

Newest chapter. I was gonna wait and post this chapter next week, but since I made that VERY IMPORTANT announcement yesterday in the previous chapter I decided to go ahead and post a fresh one.

IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE LAST CHAPTER THEN PLEASE READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!