2 | Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It

"YOU TOTALLY JINXED IT," Benji told Brandt

"God, don't make me feel more guilty. I'm already worried enough," Brandt answered.

"Have you located the cure?" Ethan asked as he walked in the base.

"Hey," He greeted Ilsa immediately after asking his question. Ilsa nodded back.

Benji answered, typing on his computer, "We've barely begun, Ethan. Remember, the cure could be as rare as the substance itself."

Ethan looked down at the USB flash drive he was given and grabbed one of the computers.

"What do you need it for?" Brandt asked.

"A mission, I guess," Ethan walked towards a room, set the computer on the table and inserted the USB flash drive.

The screen lit up and Ethan pressed his thumb against the screen for fingerprint recognition. The computer then displayed his name: Hᴜɴᴛ, Eᴛʜᴀɴ.

"Good afternoon, Mister Hunt," A recorded voice said. "IMF has recently discovered yet another shadow organisation currently operated by the surviving Apostles and their leaders. This organisation could have been behind the actions of the Syndicate and the Apostles, but we are currently unsure of its name and their goals. We only know that it was formed by Solomon Lane, August Walker, Atlee and an unknown person. We know nothing about this last person except for his alias, Bruce Walter" —The screen showed his fact file with everything unknown except for his alias— "Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate this organisation as you have done with the Syndicate and stop them from achieving their goal. You can choose to do this with your team, or choose to do this alone.

"This location, as shown, could be one of the possible bases of this organisation" —The screen showed a map with a pin marked somewhere in California— "for we are not sure of this organisation's existence, we want you to check out this base first before commencing the mission. And remember: should you or any members of your team be caught or killed, the IMF will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This USB flash drive will delete every single file in five seconds."

Ethan waited for five seconds and ejected the USB flash drive to throw it away.

"What is it?" Brandt asked.

"I need to check something out. It's nothing, really," Ethan replied. He wanted to confirm this organisation's existence before telling the team.

Brandt and Ilsa glanced at each other. It was obvious that they were hiding something that neither Ethan nor Benji knew about.

"How could it be nothing? You just said that it was a mission earlier," Benji said with a tone of confusion.

"I gotta go," Ethan announced, ignoring Benji as he grabbed a few weapons and gear.