10 | Why He Did It

"YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT?" Brandt asked

"YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT?" Brandt asked. "My most recent mission was three months ago. After a mission, a Field Agent is supposed to have at least six months of rest before the secretary can send them back into the field."

"And I, as Secretary, have changed that stupid rule. Three months are more than enough, it's ninety days. I don't care if you need the time to keep an eye on her," Mycroft scoffed. He and Brandt were having a meeting about their upcoming mission that would finally include Ethan's help.

Brandt narrowed his eyes.

"I just want you to try and lead them to their base in Singapore and explode it," Mycroft said as he shrugged.

"That forsaken place... Why do you want me to go to that forsaken place? You don't even know what happened to me there!"

"It was only a few punches and kicks, Agent Brandt. You're a Field Agent, not an Analyst. You're supposed to be strong."

Brandt chuckled sarcastically, "You have absolutely no idea how strong Bruce Walter is, don't you? You want strong? He'll show you strong. Hell, he'll give you a whole new definition of it."

Mycroft ignored Brandt and continued, "Afterwards get yourself out of there and eliminate Walker in Portugal, where he was last seen. It's more convenient that way."

"And I'll do this because..?" Brandt pushed, leaning forward in his chair.

"You know what I can do to you and her, Agent Brandt. It's not your choice to make, it's an order."

"You cannot touch her, you'll have to go through me. If you do, which is unlikely, it's murder."

"Not if I make it look like an accident," Mycroft said in sing-song.

Brandt rolled his eyes and walked out of the meeting room. However, what Mycroft said was true. Until they find a new secretary, she and Brandt will be in danger unless Brandt follows Mycroft's orders.

"Glad to know you're still with us," Mycroft said as Brandt intentionally slammed the door. For some reason this entertained Mycroft, making him smile.

* * *

As Brandt rode his motorbike to the airport to meet the team for their trip to Hawaii, he was nothing but furious. He was furious he had to follow an asshole's orders. He was furious he followed them in the first place, and he was furious because he didn't even have a choice.

He had to protect her, no matter what the cost, even if it cost his life. If that did happen, however, at least she will still be safe, living a normal life. At least Ethan would still have his significant other, even when separated.

That's right, the mysterious female Mycroft and Brandt referred to in the meeting were Julia, Ethan's wife. After the events of the attempted fallout, Ethan needed someone to protect Julia and her "husband" and Brandt willingly volunteered. To him, it was like a second chance.

He was more than happy to be her new Guardian Angel, and he did a great job for three months. After three months was when that asshole named Mycroft gave him a new mission, and deep inside Brandt knew he did it on purpose for the sake of his entertainment.

However, before meeting the others in the airport, Brandt had to stop by Julia's place to inform her about this madness first.

* * *

Julia answered the door after Brandt rang the doorbell.

"Hey," Julia greeted when she saw him. "Wanna come in?"

"No, I'm good. Is your husband around?" Brandt replied.

"No, he isn't. You're free to tell me anything related to your "IMF" business."

"Good, But I have some bad news," Brandt sighed. "I can't be with you two for a while. The stupid new secretary forced me back into the field. I need to assist Ethan to eliminate August Walker."

"It's fine," Julia reassured. "You did a great job the past few months. My husbands and I are grateful for your protection." They both chuckled at the word "husbands".

"But now you're not safe," Brandt said worriedly.

"It's fine. We are safe as long as you and Ethan accomplish your missions and ensure world security. Trust me. My husband can protect me too." Julia winked in assurance as she smiled.

Brandt nodded, "Take care."

"Good luck!"

* * *

He arrived at the airport and parked the bike for the IMF to retrieve. Afterwards, he met Ethan, Benji and Luther before they had tried to check in, before the entire discussion of jinxes and before the attempted assassination of Ethan.

<><><><><><><><>

Hello, hello, hello, readers. It's been a while.

So, basically, this entire chapter was a flashback (😂😂😂) of why Brandt had to destroy the Underworld's base in Singapore. Turns out it was just Mycroft's rash decisions.

I really prefer BBC's Sherlock's Mycroft. His personality is way better.

Anyways, I know this is not part of the topic, but I just can't contain myself. AVENGERS: ENDGAME TRAILER?! I LITERALLY D I E D. THIS IS ME IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW.

<><><><><><><><>