15 | A New What?

SNEAK PEEK

SNEAK PEEK

The enemy kicked him in the stomach so damn hard, it actually caused him to fall to the ground unconscious.

Ethan stepped up and tried to elbow him in the chest. However, his reflexes were too fast and before Ethan's elbow could even touch him, he kneed Ethan in the gut. Stunned by the pain, Ethan staggered back. The enemy used this as an opportunity to punch him in the face and swung a kick to his side.

Because of the poison in him, Ethan yelled in pain at each blow, and eventually, he knelt down before the enemy in pain.

The enemy took his pistol out and pointed it towards Ethan's head.

"Not so strong now, are you?"

BANG!

* * *

"SO WHEN DO WE START?" Benji asked.

"Tomorrow, first thing in the morning," Ethan decided. "Brandt will lead us to the base since he knows where it is. Before that, I need to tell him."

Benji and Ilsa beamed. Brendan just nodded in agreement.

"Tell me about what?" Brandt asked.

"In Alan's office, I found a note that was written in that cipher we created. It states that in case he dies or retires, he wants someone to take over as secretary: you," Ethan explained.

"Ethan, please clarify where you found those notes," Brandt requested, not surprised.

"I found them in the bin."

"Exactly. I found the note before you did. I don't want to be secretary."

Ilsa cocked her head to the side, slightly confused. Why didn't he want to be secretary?

"Why is that?" Brendan asked. "You'll be a great secretary."

Brandt turned to Brendan, "It's not about how good I will be. I just feel like being secretary might mean lesser time in the field."

"Why don't you be a Field Secretary?" Ethan quipped.

"What's that?"

"A job I just invented a few seconds ago."

Benji raised his eyebrow in amusement, "Creative name."

There was a moment of silence.

"Why not?" Brandt finally said.

* * *

They woke up as early as five in the morning, they had no time to lose. Since their weapons and gear were already packed up, they were already ready to go. Because they were hungry, they went to get some food to eat —but not too much— and were on the way to the base by sunrise.