3 | Lucky Guess

ETHAN ABRUPTLY WOKE UP to find himself tied up like the time where he first met Ilsa

ETHAN ABRUPTLY WOKE UP to find himself tied up like the time where he first met Ilsa. But this time, Lane made sure he couldn't just escape by doing vertical sit-ups.

"Oh, you're awake. About time," Said an Australian accent. Ethan turned his head to his right to see the man he had seen earlier, also tied up against a pole like Ethan, but Lane seemed to underestimate him and didn't tie his legs up.

"Who are you anyway?" The man asked. Fortunately, Ethan and the man were alone.

"You know who I am: Ethan Hunt of the IMF. You refused to surrender until you saw me. Why?" Ethan asked, head still slightly throbbing. His aching stomach didn't help either.

"That's classified," The man answered.

"Who the hell are you?" Ethan asked with his guard up.

"Agent Brendan Sebastian Foster of the CIA, born in Australia and raised in America. Anything else?" Brendan replied.

Ethan opened his mouth to speak but the door opened and Solomon Lane walked in.

Ethan angrily began to try and break the cuffs that held him.

"That's no use, Ethan. Even I couldn't break them apart," Lane said comfortably.

"My partner wants to meet you. As for you," Solomon turned to Brendan. "We agreed to kill you."

"Fat chance," Brendan spat confidently.

"Prove it," Solomon said.

"Yeah sure, in a minute," Brendan assured.

Ethan looked at him as Solomon ignored them and walked towards a table of torture tools. Brendan returned a reassuring look.

Ethan didn't pay attention to the look and began to struggle against his bonds again. Then he heard Brendan tapping his finger casually against the pole, making a sound so soft Ethan could barely hear it. Some were held for long, some were just normal clicks. Morse code.

"Distract him," The message said. "Make him focus on you completely."

"So, how do you feel? Failing the Fallout so badly. To work so hard into something you didn't succeed," Ethan started, making Lane tense and walk towards Ethan.

Lane stopped walking as soon as he was nose to nose with his nemesis. "Do not make me change my mind about keeping you alive, Hunt. I can very well kill you right at this second."

"Be my guest," Ethan taunted. "You need me alive, Lane. Just like last time."

Solomon glared at Ethan. He was right. If he killed Ethan now, Walter will not hesitate to kill Lane for not going by their plan.

Brendan took this chance to do the vertical sit-ups that Ethan did the last time he got captured. However, unlike Ethan, he was so stealthy Lane didn't realise it until Brendan elbowed Lane in the head, knocking him out.