5 | Accidents Happen

Singapore

Singapore

"WAKE UP GUYS, we're here," Ilsa informed as the others started to stir from their sleep.

"Twelve hours was that fast?" Benji groaned as he opened his eyes.

"Shut up, Benji. Let me have five more extra minutes of sleep," Brendan mumbled.

"Just wake up already," Ethan sighed. "Twelve hours of sleep is more than enough."

"But I only had six," Brandt muttered in a whiny tone.

"I did too, and look at me! I'm awake," Ilsa answered.

Ilsa finally managed to find a space to land their helicopter in Singapore and Ethan barely managed to get the team out.

"Have you been here before?" Benji asked Ethan after doing a few stretches.

"No," Ethan replied.

"I have. Once. But I remember enough," William said, slightly shuddering. With Ethan staring at him after Benji nodded, William continued. "What's the exact address?"

"Here," Benji gave a tablet to Brandt after he went to the navigation app he made by himself.

William would have frozen in his tracks after looking at the address, but he didn't for the sake of his cover.

"We're close by," Brandt said after looking at the tablet.

"Just a few left and right turns and we'll be there," Brendan told the team as he sneaked a look from behind.

They followed the directions of the tablet and saw a base, hidden in plain sight as a factory.

"The safest place to hide: plain sight," Brendan muttered. "How do we get in? This place is heavily guarded. Plenty of guards circling the perimeter and the entire building is under surveillance."

"The perimeter seems pretty empty to me," Benji remarked. William looked at the factory to see no guards.

Strange. He thought.

"Okay, let's go in. But be careful," Ethan instructed as the team cautiously walked towards the base. When they reached the front door, everyone pulled out their guns before Ethan kicked the doors down.

"Empty," Benji said, his gun still up. "Could this just be a normal factory?"

"Look around," Brendan answered. "This looks nothing like a normal factory." Brendan was right. The factory looked like a messy base with tools and equipment all over the place.

The team agreed to split up and search the base.

Ethan went with Benji and Brendan as they checked every single room on the left side of the building to find nothing, except for something in the last room.

"They probably evacuated," Benji suggested.

"Maybe, but they made a huge mistake. Look," Brendan said as Benji and Ethan went towards Brendan to see what he was looking at. It was a world map which was only marked with four red cross marks marked on California, Portugal, Nigeria and Singapore.

"Well, accidents happen," Ethan shrugged.

"Ethan, could the red crosses mean—"

"Yes, Benji. They mark the bases," Ethan answered.

"Where are your basics?" Brendan asked Benji. "'X' marks the spot."

"But how would you know if it's fake?" Benji asked.

"It would only mean that they want us to be there. On one of these four locations. Let's begin the elimination process," Ethan concluded. "Brandt and Ilsa rescued Brendan and me from the California base while infiltrating it, so that's out. We're in Singapore and it's empty. Out. Which leaves us Portugal and Nigeria..."

"Portugal," Brandan concluded. "Its 'X' is bigger than the rest."

Meanwhile, William and Ilsa searched the right side of the building.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Brandt asked.

"The cure, obviously," Ilsa answered as a matter-of-fact.

"Right," Brandt replied, followed by a silence between them until Brandt asked another question.

"Do we even know what the cure looks like?"

"Blue substance in a small vial," Ilsa replied.

"Thanks. By the way, Mycroft would call you sometime."

"You mean the Mycroft Hol-"

"God, no!" Brandt interrupted. "I meant the other one. The person who loves the character so much he forces everyone to call him by that name." Ilsa nodded after his explanation.

However, after searching from room to room, they didn't find anything or anyone.

William came to a conclusion. "It's like they knew we were coming—"

"And left," Ilsa interrupted as they walked towards the exit to meet the rest of the team. "I hope the others found something."

* * *

William and Ilsa walked towards Ethan, Benji and Brendan to see a world map on Benji's hands. Ethan then explained how Brendan found a map of the bases while they were searching a room.

Ilsa sighed as Brandt took a few steps further away from the factory. "So: California, Singapore, Portugal and Nigeria. What suitable places for the organisation's ba—"

"I think we should stop calling the organisation "the organisation". Let's give it a name," Brendan suggested.

"The Underworld," Brandt quickly replied with Ethan eyeing him.

Brendan shot Brandt a glare, but only for a split second, and reluctantly nodded in agreement.

"Okay," Ethan said. "We need to find—"

They were interrupted by an enormous explosion. It was like a fist of orange flame had wanted to punch its way out of the factory. Smoke and fire rushed out as thousands of pieces of glass and steel showered down. The force of the explosion was too massive as it pulled the team off the ground and sent them flying backwards, away from the building.

<><><><><><><><>

Okay, I have to be honest. This chapter wasn't as good as the first few chapters, but I assure you one thing: Chapter Six is looking okay, for now at least.

See ya soon!

<><><><><><><><>