Chapter 2

Everyone was staring at me as I walked into work. I'd like to think it was because I did something great, but it wasn't. It was because I'm dressed like a homeless person. My hair was in a messy bun, I was wearing sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt which I'm pretty sure had coffee stains on it. I wasn't even wearing makeup and overall I looked rough.

"Woah, rough night." I heard behind me. It was Norman, of course. I so badly wanted to scream at him, but I pushed it all away with a deep breath and walked into my office ignoring him.

The minute I sat down at my desk the phone calls started pouring in. I had calls about publishing and photoshoots and even just interviews. I loved editing but when one story came in, they all did. I buzzed in Seth when I started getting overwhelmed. "Hey, tell all the new incoming calls to leave a message. I'm overloaded right now. Also, a coffee would be nice." I groaned out. I was tired and groggy and just pissed off at the world. A few moments later Seth appeared. "Thank you." I gave a weak smile. "I liked yours better." I heard him say. "Your articles were better in my opinion." Seth has been my assistant for a little over three years now and I never heard him make a comment on any of my work. "Thank you, Seth." He nodded before exiting my office.

When lunch time came around I was half tempted to ditch and leave everyone else up to the work. But, I still wanted the promotion and leaving work early two days in a row definitely wasn't going to earn me the spot.

I didn't bring a lunch today so I decided to just order some food from down the street. I sent Seth out to get it for me while I relaxed in the chair for awhile. I closed my eyes and so badly wanted to go to sleep, but tried my best to stay awake. Seth came in with my Italian about 30 minutes later.

I munched away and thought about ideas. Nothing was coming to me. Probably because I was still pissed off at Norman for winning the brownie points at last nights meeting. I can't believe I lost to him again. Recently Norman was getting all the attention. Now, I did have my fair share of successful works but me being the bossy and control freak I am, I want everything my way and Norman was the only person standing in my way at this point. I've held this position for a few years now and I've worked my way up to the top from the bottom. I deserved this promotion, more than he did. There was no way in hell I was gonna let some artsy dude from California come in and take the stage from me.

As the day came to end my whole body was exhausted. I haven't the best sleep recently due to all this extra work and on top of it all I'm struggling with a complete obnoxious idiot who wants all play and no work. Yeah, I'm talking about Norman. It's not fair that I can work my ass off for years, then all of a sudden a new guy starts working and he's and angel.

New York City traffic was booming with tourist as I stepped out of the office building. I headed to my car in the underground lot only to see Norman standing right next to the drivers side door.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him. He smirked and undid his tie while approaching me. "You don't look to good and I thought maybe I could help." He offered. I laughed at him. What kind of help could he offer me. "Uh, no thanks. Now, If you'll excuse me." I said pushing past him. I reached for my car keys and dropped them on the pavement. Norman quickly picked them up for me. "Thanks." That was all I said. I loaded my working into my car and just when I was about to get in Norman slid in front of me, blocking the drivers side. "You are always so... tense and serious. Have you ever had fun?" He asked. "Yes I have had fun, now please move so I can go home." I tried wiggling my way around him but his body was firm and, well nicely built.

"Only if you'll stop being so stuck up about things. Relax and calm down a bit. People notice that you're stressed out and that's why you're not getting papers and articles published. Crystal thinks you're on the verge of quitting. Just saying, that attitude isn't helping you any." The fact that he even had the nerve to say any of that to me immediately pissed me off. I was seeing red and if possible I know that steam would be rolling out of me. "Norman, if anything makes me stuck up or stressed, it's you. You're such a child. Grow up." I was yelling at this point and Norman stepped out of my way. I have had enough Norman Reedus to last me a lifetime at this point and I couldn't wait to be home and relax. I backed out of the lot without even saying goodbye to him.

Surprisingly I arrived home shortly after leaving. The smell of tea and cucumber melon eventually filled my apartment as I made myself a fresh cup of hot tea and started a bath. Over the past few weeks I started reading this new book serious about vampires and werewolf's and some sort of love triangle with a human girl. These were not my typical reads, but everyone seemed to like them and I wanted to give it a shot.

My evening consisted of a bath and tea and then Netflix. My phone started to ding in the middle of an episode. It was my good friend Lyndsay. We've known each other since we were kids and kept in touch over the years.

"Hey, you interested in going out tonight?"

Ugh! I was already in my PJ's for the night and didn't feel like changing.

"In my PJ's lol"

Lyndsay loved to party and I knew one way or another she would suck me into going.

"Come on, there's a cute guy you need to meet." I rolled my eyes. Men and I don't work out to well. Mostly because I am the more dominant one when it comes to anything.

"Please..." She texted again. Sighing I texted her back. "I'll be ready in 30. Text me where."

Getting up from the couch I headed to my closet and pulled out a dress to wear. It wasn't anything spectacular, but I was meeting new guy after all.

Once I finished getting dressed and doing my hair, along with my makeup I started to feel good

Once I finished getting dressed and doing my hair, along with my makeup I started to feel good. I was excited for what this night was going to hold for me. Lyndsay told me to meet her at Club 866 In the middle of the city. That was a very classy bar. Your usual bar fly didn't hang out there. It was more for the wealthy and A list names. I took a taxi instead of my car that way I wouldn't have to drive if I decided to drink.

I arrived in no time and could see Lyndsay standing outside the club. I paid my cab driver and hopped out of the taxi, running straight to Lyndsay. I smiled and squealed as I seen her. "Hey! It's been so long." I said hugging her tightly. Lyndsay was working abroad the last few weeks for her fashion designing company. "I know. I just got back into town a few days ago. You should've seen Paris and London and ahh all those places are so beautiful. Next time you're going with me." My heart filled with happiness to see her smile and talk about her adventures. "Totally." I said and headed into the club with her to begin our night.

********

🍁Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames🔥🔥🔥