Chapter 8

Chapter 8
I could hear small pitter patter around the house. I had just woken up and had barely opened my eyes when I could smell coffee being brewed.

Realization finally hit me when I remembered the night before.

Norman. Weed. Sleepover.

I closed my eyes before letting out a large sigh. I'm so screwed right now. I knew we had a long weekend  and I had planned on doing work to try and keep my job but with leaving the office yesterday wth Norman I wasn't too sure what I should do now.

I noticed that nothing changed from the moment I went to sleep so that means Norman didn't even mess with me. Not that I thought he ever would, but after that night at Club 866 I couldn't put it pass anyone.

I sat up on the sofa groggily, feeling each crack in my back the more I moved. Getting to my feet I approached the noise in the kitchen. The kitchen also had a glass wall to the right of me and outside of that was a patio and what looked like a pool.

Norman was standing at the sliding glass window, cup of coffee in hand, with a cigarette hanging from his lips. The tobacco was sweet and pungent.

"Hey." I broke the silence in the room and he looked over at me. He had a small smile on his lips.

"Hey." He said back and took a drink of coffee. "Can I get you a drink?" He motioned to the fridge and counter top.

"I'll just have a cup of coffee please. Two cream. Two sugar." I started to look around for my phone. I didn't want to be here to long and there was an awkward vibe building with each minute I was still here.

Norman and I hate each other.

Hated??

I'm not even sure anymore. I mean just because we had one good day doesn't mean it's gonna stay like that forever.

I picked up my phone and noticed dozens of notifications. Emails, missed calls, text, you name it. Suddenly I was overwhelmed again and had all this pressure on me. Yesterday feels only like a dream and I'm surprised I was able to actually do something for myself.

I started by responding to Lyndsay who wanted to hang out tonight after she got off work. I let her know that I wasn't sure if I was up for it but would message later.

My emails were piled up. Seth and Ruthanne were bugging me, mostly with work related stuff and a random message or two asking if I was okay.

Norman's voice brought me back and I noticed him holding my coffee in his hands. "Yum..." I set my phone down and reached for the cup. My phone started going off again.

"Who's texting you so much. Your phone has been going off like crazy." Norman peeked over to see the notifications but I snatched the phone up. "None of your business." I snarled at him. My tone was harsher than before.

"Woah now," he said holding his hands up. "I'm just asking." He defended. I hung my head low. I knew I shouldn't have been so rude but it's just in me to snap and yell and correct when things bother me, and things tend to bother me quite a bit it seems.

I rolled my eyes at him with aggravation which only seemed to irritate him. "You are something else." He shook his head in frustration and walked outside to the patio. I don't know what his problem was. I wasn't 'something else' as he quoted. I'm just abrasive I guess.

Putting my phone away I headed outside to the patio. Norman was taking his shirt off and pulling down his pants. "What the hell?" I instantly shielded my eyes from what could be a naked Norman standing in front of me. "I have shorts on, you're good." He laughed as he took a dive in the water. I could feel the cool splashes touching my hot skin.