Chapter 5

Very short but more coming soon! Enjoy!

*******

The text from Norman definitely made me turn my head. Of all people to message and check up on me it had to be him.

I wrote him back that I was feeling fine and thanks for asking before turning to a new show on Netflix. I didn't really feel like talking to him about what happened. I still didn't like thinking of it myself. But I knew with time and some adjustments I would be okay. It would just take time.

My phone buzzed again but this time it kept buzzing. It was a phone call. From Norman.

I answered it slowly, a little nervous.

"H-Hello?" I asked.

"Hey. You alright? I heard what happened." He said.

Oh god! How many people know about this? I mean for Norman to find out it must've gotten around quickly.

"What? Who told you?" I snapped a little offended that people were telling my business.

"Uh no one. That's what I wanted to talk about. I was the one at the club..." He trailed off. "I was the one who punched that douche bag and got him off you." He said quietly with a small rasp in his voice.

Norman? Norman was the one who saved me? He was the handsome dude Lyndsay was talking about. Um ew.

"Wait? Did you follow me last night?" I asked him.

"I was at the bar. I watched him drug your drink. I wasn't gonna let him do that to you." Norman spoke softly.

He was kinda pulling at my heart a little. I didn't know he actually cared about me. I mean at work all we did was argue and bicker with each other.

"Wow! Thank you... Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. It could've been much worse." I mumbled the last part knowing that I could've been sexual assaulted by Austin but Norman stopped it. I don't know how I could ever make it up to him.

"You're welcome. I just didn't want another innocent women getting hurt in this world. We see it all too much." He said.

"Yeah." I choked out, not wanting him to hear that I was beginning to get emotional. "Well I'll see you in the office, okay?" I managed to get it out without crying.

"Oh okay, well bye-" I didn't even say bye back and hung up. I threw my phone on the ground and suddenly started to cry. I never knew how easy it was for men to take advantage of women and Norman was right. We do see it all too much and I was just another victim.

It was getting late so I decided it was time for bed. I brewed some sleepy time tea and headed to my room. I lay down and try to get comfortable, but I know this is gonna be a long night.

******
💜5 comments for update!

🍁Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥