Chapter 4

Trust is acquired over time. When we're kids we learn to trust our parents, if you're privileged enough. I didn't think a night of partying with my best friend would lead me to being drugged by a guy I just met and almost sexuality assaulted.

I had just woken up when my nurse came in to check on me. She explained the whole ordeal and let me know that my friends were waiting on me to wake up. I told her to allow them back. I looked around and could hear all the beeping from the machines. The bring lights shined on my face and was starting to give me a headache. I heard a knock and yelled, "Come in." Lyndsay opened the door and walked over to me, giving me a hug. I winced a bit when she squeezed me. "Opps, sorry. I know you're probably exhausted. Are you okay?" She asked and sat down on a chair next to the bed.

Was I okay? Physically I would be fine, nothing but a few scratches and bruises. But, emotionally... I wasn't sure how I felt. I felt uncomfortable and violated and threatened. I could give a million words to describe how disgusting it made me feel. Like I was being suctioned into a black hole and couldn't get out. Like I was swimming in the ocean and the waves overcame me, drowning me in a pool of hatred. He made me feel sick to my stomach and I hated myself. "I'll be okay," I lied to her. If I had told her the truth she would do everything in her power to help me, but I didn't want to interrupt the great life she was living. "Okay, well I'm here if you need to talk. I also called your parents. They should be here sometime today." I haven't visited my parents in over six months. I used to go see them for every holiday, but again, work got in my way. "Really?" I would love to see them. "Yeah, I'll let you rest a little, and I'll come back later. I'm still in my dress from last night. I never went home. I stayed right by your side." I smiled, almost tearing up a bit. Lyndsay was so pure and sweet and I was so glad to have her as a friend. My nurse came in afterwards and told me I had to stay in here until the drug was fully out of my system.

I couldn't wait for my parents to get here because I would feel so much better knowing they were right by my side. My parents picked up and moved out west after I started my career. They said they were lonely and decided to sell the house and move. They live in a remote area in Montana. It's beautiful out there and definitely better than the chaotic city I live daily, but I'm here for my career, not for life.

I had finally gotten a meal later that day and thank god. I was practically starving over here. It consisted of boiled chicken and some veggies. I scarfed it down and was so hungry for more. Once I get out of this hospital, I'm hitting up the nearing fast food restaurant.

My parents arrived a few hours later, running into the room and hugging me, seeing If I was okay. My mother was crying, meanwhile my dad was more than upset, he was angry. "I'll kill him." He growled. My dad was a big burly dude who used to be in the military, so he has some aggression to him, but was so gently with me and mom. "He didn't...? did he?" My mom asked quietly. I knew what she was talking about. I shook my head no, and she gave me a weak smile. "Good. Are you feeling okay?" There was that question again. I knew over the next few weeks I would have to answer it over and over again, so I settled with a simple, "Yeah, I'm fine." It seemed to ease their worried minds.

My mom stayed with me for the remainder of the night while my dad went and slept at the hotel. I didn't need anyone to stay with me, but I wanted my mom because she's always made me feel safe and would do anything to protect me.

The next morning rolled in quickly and I was hoping they'd let me go home. I didn't want to spend the entire weekend in here and then return to work on Monday completely swamped with work. The doctor said I was okay to leave, I just had to fill out paper work. As I was checking out a thought came to mind. Who was the one who beat Austin up? "Hey Lyndsay, do you know who saved me?" I asked her while signing papers. She looked puzzled and shook her head. "I don't know who he was. I just know he was very handsome. You must've had an angel watching over you." She smiled. Lyndsay was religious and I picked up on some of her beliefs due to all the time we spent together. I was a little irritated that I didn't know who saved me. I know that Lyndsay was the one who called 911, but who beat up Austin.

I turned to Lyndsay. "Do you know what happen to Austin?" I asked her. My doctor interrupted me, giving me more news. "The police will be down for your statement here in a few. They just had to wait until the drug was out of your system so it didn't affect anything." He said. I nodded, still not knowing where Austin was. "Did he go to jail?" I asked. Everyone looked at me and Lyndsay gave me a worried look. "He did go to jail, but was bailed out this morning. He will be waiting for a trial one they get your side of the story." Lyndsay spoke. The thought of him being out terrified me and I'm glad he didn't know too much about me except that I was friends with Lyndsay. I prayed to God that he wouldn't go after Lyndsay too.

My mother took me back to my apartment and settled me in. My dad was standing awkwardly at the door. "You really like it here?" He asked. My dad was a woodsman and didn't like city life at all. "It's alright for now." I answered, wishing one day I could resettle and live happily in the outdoors.

My dad slowly made his way inside and coughed, like he wanted to say something. "yes?" I asked, looking back at him. "I know that you aren't a fan of violence, but I want you to have this." He handed me a small army knife. "It's the legal limit you can carry, but I just want you to be safe. It hooks to the inside of your shoe if you want it to." He said. I pulled him in for a hug, knowing that he was worried about me. "Thanks dad." I whispered. He pulled away and grinned. "Just take care of yourself." I nodded and took a seat on the couch.

My mom made herself at home in the kitchen and cooked me up some of her homemade beef stew. She made me some tea as well. I thanked her over and over again. Once my parents were content with how I was doing, they packed up their things and headed back to Montana.

The rest of the night I stayed on my couch watching random Netflix shows trying to keep my mind off of what happened. My phone buzzed beside me and I figured it was Lyndsay.

I opened it, only to see someone else.

Norman: Hey. Are you doing okay?

**********

🍁Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames🔥🔥🔥