More than she expected. | Chapter 7

Saturday passed awfully quickly, and Chaeyoung wished Saturday never ended. She was meeting her mother today and she wasn't sure what is laid for her. The pink haired girl was scared to meet her mother simply because she was afraid to see her mother's state.

Chaeyoung has a soft heart, and she knew that she won't be able to take the impact on her heart.

"Rosé!" A familiar voice called out. Chaeyoung whipped her head around eagerly, hands and a petite body crashing into hers. "I missed you so much."

Both of them pulled apart and Chaeyoung smiled at her sister, "Oh my god you look so hot."

Alice blushes, "You don't look so bad yourself. How are you?"

"Great. How about you?" Chaeyoung asked back in return.

"That's nice to hear. I'm doing okay," Alice replied. The both of them proceeded to the house where their mother lived.

After they knocked the door, Phil opened the door. Phil is their mother's boyfriend and he wasn't a bad man. Chaeyoung smiled at him, "Hello Phil."

He greeted them with a sad smile, "Come on in."

Chaeyoung sensed the sadness in the voice of Phil's and she knew that something bad was laid for her. Alice thanked him and they both took a seat in the living room. Chaeyoung's mother was sitting there, smiling at them.

The pink headed girl observed her mother and she noticed so many changes. The older lady's shoulders were slumped forward, her dark eye circles became more evident, her eyes were tired and everything just made her look more old and tired. She looked like she was worn out and exhausted.

"Eomma," Chaeyoung and Alice greeted. A very slight smile curved on her lips.

She nodded as acknowledgement before saying, "You two have grown prettier."

Both the sisters thanked Mrs Park before Mrs Park coughed. Phil rushed out of the kitchen with a cup of water for her to drink and Chaeyoung could already feel her heart aching.

Hyeyoung, who is also known as Mrs Park, she smiled solemnly at the two girls, her eyes softening when she met Chaeyoung's brown eyes.

The girl's nose had flared, and she could feel the feeling rushing through her body. "Eomma... Are you sick?" Chaeyoung managed to ask, her voice sounding weak.

Hyeyoung smiled sadly, "Jiyoung-ah... How's everything with you and Hyungseok? Are the both of you moving along well?" She completely ignored Chaeyoung's question, and the girl frowned.

She didn't interfere and interrupt the conversation, though.

"Yeah... We're doing fine. I met his family last week," Alice, who's also known as Jiyoung, replied.

Hyeyoung averted her attention to Chaeyoung, "What about you Chaeyoung-ah?"

Chaeyoung met the tired eyes and then smiled slightly, "Still single."

"From that smile, I can see that you're aiming for somebody, Roseanne," her mother teased.

Chaeyoung could feel the blush radiating to her cheeks and Hyeyoung smiled, heart filled with content because she was at ease to hear that her daughters were doing okay.

Hyeyoung coughed again, immediately grasping napkins to cover her mouth. Jiyoung instantly offered her mother water but the lady refused. Chaeyoung, from her seat could tell that her mother was hiding something in her napkin.

"Eomma, are you sick?" Chaeyoung asked again.

The lady shook her head and crushed the tissue napkin in her hands, "Just some symptoms acting up again."