Losing her? | chapter 11

⚠️TW⚠️Trigger warning⚠️ self harm

The days passed quickly, and it was finally Friday. The four of them sat together in the hall for assembly. This time around, the teachers were briefing them about occupations after they graduate. Anyway, they're just staying for another 3 months.

Lisa wasn't even listening. She had never really cared about what occupation she'd take. All she wanted in her future was just a nice partner to spend the rest of her life with. She wished to travel the world with her loved one before she had to leave the world.

And that just led her to thinking about spending her time with Chaeyoung. She really wanted to know how it feels like to be loved completely and accepted completely. She wanted to know how Chaeyoung feels like.

Chaeyoung however, was dozing off. She laid in bed wide awake last night, worrying about her mother's worsening condition. She needed to treasure the time she had left with her mother, she wanted to run away from everything.

She won't lie, but Chaeyoung hated it when people probed her about what's going on. It made her think of what happened and of course, it'll make her nose flare. Chaeyoung was vulnerable and she knew it clearly ; she won't deny it.

Why does life have to treat Chaeyoung like that? What has she ever done wrong to anybody to deserve all this? Her soul was so tired of trying but she had been trying to refrain from reaching rock bottom again. She had been 3 weeks clean and it was all thanks to Lisa.

"Hey..." Lisa muttered, looking at Chaeyoung worriedly. Chaeyoung opened her eyes and looked back at Lisa. "Are you feeling okay? You look really tired."

The older girl smiled weakly, "I'm fine. Just really sleepy."

Lisa frowned, "What's keeping you up at night?"

Chaeyoung tried to swallow the huge lump in her throat but seemingly fails, "Uh... it's nothing."

"Hey," Lisa called, her tone was gentle. Her hand motions over to Chaeyoung's and she grasped the older's hand softly. "Remember what I told you? You can tell me anything."

The girl with washed away pink hair felt herself loosening up, "I... My mother..."

Lisa could feel her gut wrenching just by hearing it.

"Her condition is getting worse," Chaeyoung explained.

Lisa squeezes Chaeyoung's hand, giving her the warmest eyes ever, "You'll get through it. I'm here."

Chaeyoung could feel a surge of love rushing through her blood. Lisa's words made her feel so loved and so wanted. She felt like she was really cared for. The older girl didn't know how to react since her heart was beating a little too quickly.

Mass assembly ended. Lisa walked out with Chaeyoung but they went separate ways when the younger girl reached her math class.

"Don't think about it so much alright?" Lisa assures before leaving for math class.

Class went quickly, and Lisa was the most distracted she has ever been her whole time in school. She couldn't focus. Her mind was so filled with Chaeyoung that she couldn't even solve a simple math equation. Lisa kind of hated it. She hated that this is how it felt to love someone.

The bell rang and Lisa walked out of the classroom with nothing learnt from the lesson. She brisk walked to Biology class and plopped down on her usual seat. She was doing her math homework while waiting for her teacher to come in.

But, each time one of her classmates walked in, she'd look up to check if it was Chaeyoung. She couldn't focus at all. Lisa groaned quietly, slamming her pen on the table and leaning back into her chair.