Officially together | Chapter 17

After the party, Lisa sent both Jisoo and Chaeyoung back to Jisoo's home. The oldest girl had been wasted and was now sleeping in the backseat.

Lisa has been itching to ask Chaeyoung to go on a date with her tomorrow but there was this certain kind of feeling that it'll all resort to all the wrongdoings. Sharing more intimacy and  skinship than they already should. But again, it wouldn't be the first time they've kissed.

"Yah Lalisa," Chaeyoung called, breaking the silence. "Don't be so silent," the blonde girl continued.

Lisa chuckled, only to still be in awe of how cute Chaeyoung could be when she was tipsy, "Why?"

"It gets awkward! Like I want to say stuff but I feel like I'm going to say wrong things," Chaeyoung complained in her state of alcohol. Lisa just laughed and the older girl crossed her arms with a pout.

Lisa just smiled, "Chaeyoung, you're drunk."

"No, I am sober Lalisa Manoban. I know that it's a right turn to Jisoo's house," the older girl argued, in order to win this bicker.

The younger blonde didn't know whether to believe what Chaeyoung had said or not, but a bigger part of her didn't. Her heart rate increased just by thinking of it and she opened her mouth to speak, "Fine if you're sober then I'm asking you on a date tomorrow evening at seven."

Right after those words were spoken, Lisa sealed her lips, waiting silently in suspense. The older girl nodded, and Lisa did feel a kind of relief, but at the same time a kind of pain. She chuckled though, trying to mask whatever she was really feeling.

"You'll forget once you dive into bed," Lisa mumbled under her breath. The smile was there, that unknowing smile that has always been on her face when she was near Chaeyoung. The older girl heard the quiet mutter under Lisa's breath, but she didn't say anything about it because she wanted to impress Lisa by showing Lisa that she would remember the date.

The youngest girl pulled over at Jisoo's house, getting out to help the drunk girl out of the car. Chaeyoung lifted Jisoo's other arm and put it over her shoulders, helping Jisoo into the house and up into her bedroom with Lisa.

"Damn, Jisoo unnie is wasted," Chaeyoung huffed, walking out after Lisa. The younger girl nodded, and stood awkwardly in the hallway of both Chaeyoung's and Jisoo's room.

The older girl didn't know what to say, or do because she was afraid that letting Lisa go into her room might bring back bad memories.

"We can chill in my room if you don't want to leave yet," Chaeyoung muttered. She swore that if there wasn't alcohol in her system, she wouldn't be this brave. She then walked past Lisa, leading the younger girl into her room.

Lisa followed, of course, wanting to spend some time with a big part of her life; Chaeyoung.

Lisa never failed to be in awe of how neat and tidy Chaeyoung's room was. The scent of vanilla was still there and it made Lisa's heart calm, "Your room is really beautiful."

Chaeyoung smiles, turning around to see Lisa's bright pair of eyes, "Thank you."

"And so are you Chaeyoung," Lisa confessed. The way her eyes softened and the way Chaeyoung's lamp made Lisa's eyes look so warm and comfortable just lured the older girl in more.

Those words seemed to soften the atmosphere a lot. The unsure thoughts and unspoken words in Lisa's head seemed to be replaced by the aura radiating off Chaeyoung. She wouldn't lie but she really wanted to kiss her now. The dim lighting just made Lisa feel more lighthearted.

The older girl closes the distance, taking a brave step forward to where Lisa was standing. The latter's heart started up again, beating ever so quickly. This effect Chaeyoung had on her never goes away and it never fails to remind Lisa that she's human.