Try | Chapter 33

'Behind every smile hides a broken person.'

Both the heartbroken girls has never related to a line of words this closely in their whole life.

This was the very first time pain has been this cruel to Lisa. In her whole life, she had never really been through such painful heartbreaks. The one that felt close to this was that one time Khun Mae yelled at her for punching Hanbin. But the thing is, that pain didn't even feel 10 times less. This hurt and sufferance she's going through right now can not compare to any other.

Chaeyoung on the other hand, made sure she had no free time to even close her eyes to think about the past, or anything in general. She knew that if she had any spare time to even think about something, it would somehow end up reminiscing the past, which she really didn't need.

This was the first time Lisa actually got out of bed to make herself breakfast after a whole 5 days. She couldn't go anymore without eating. Lazily, she toasted a few pieces of bread and spread some jam on them before munching on them hungrily.

A sharp pain shot up her spine when she sat, which then reminded her that she was still diagnosed with Cancer. She was praying that it was all a nightmare and that this Cancer thing was a joke.

Realisation hit her that she haven't been attending her chemotherapy for a whole week. She reached over for her mobile phone, realising that there were numerous texts and phone calls left for her. But none from Chaeyoung. She grew a little sad inside, knowing that this was truly the end of everything.

The girl sighed, washing her plate before going back up into bed, making her bed before facing herself in the mirror. She realised how scrawny she had become and she felt miserable.

But many people say: "Even if somebody breaks your heart, or someone you love passes, life goes on without them."

So Lisa tried to follow that, and live her life well. She knew that Khun Mae and Marco would've been upset if she had just given up on herself just because of a genuine heartbreak. She also knew fully well that Chaeyoung herself wouldn't want Lisa dead.

And so she called the hospital, and arranged to go for therapy in the later afternoon on that day. After she did, she sat on the sofa in the cold and lonely living room for a bit.

The house was so quiet, and cold without the other blonde girl. A big surge of sadness ran in her veins. She expected this sadness to fill her up completely, and drown her like it always did. But this very time, her sadness came as emptiness. The empty parts of her soul was left there, waiting for her to mend it desperately.

The Thai girl scoffed when she felt a stray tear falling down her cheek. Crying couldn't make things any better.

Sighing, she wiped her tear away. Lisa breathed slow, trying to calm herself and her mind. Her mind had thoughts trying to battle each other. She was trying to figure out her own thoughts, but no matter how hard she tried, everything would just lead to the perfect relationship she shared with Chaeyoung.

Lisa got up and started to clean the house, to keep herself and her brain busy. So she could take her mind of things.

"How are you holding up?" Jennie asked the Australian girl who just came back from the Gym.

Chaeyoung looked up after taking her shoes off, "Great. Thanks for asking."

Jisoo smiled, "That's good. You should take a shower while Jennie and I whip up some lunch."

The blonde girl nodded mindlessly before climbing up the stairs and entering the guest room which was now her room. After Chaeyoung left their shared apartment, she decided to crash at Jennie and Jisoo's home. They had an unoccupied guest room, which was now her room since they allowed her to move in.

Once she got into her room, she laid on her bed, not caring about her hygiene at all. She was way too tired to care. Her hectic schedule was taking its toll on her, considering today was her off-day. Usually on her off-day, she'd just laze around watching television with Lisa, or just cuddling up on the couch with her.

The girl opened her eyes after realising where her mind was drifting to. She took a deep breath, trying to sooth the pain growing in her chest. She blinked blankly at the ceiling, before she sat back up.

She isn't thinking about you the way you are now.

And so, she decided to take a shower. When the warm water hit her skin, she shivered slightly, hands on her own body gently. Running her hands through her hair, she opened her eyes and let the warm water run down her back, making her muscles relax and loosen.

Chaeyoung's eyes started to water, and her whole body started to feel heavy. She had no idea that break ups felt so bad, and hurt so much. Loving someone is truly difficult, and now she realised that she really loved Lisa with her whole heart because her heart was literally torn apart.

She let herself cry, as she stood below the warm water. Nothing could make her feel better than just actually living her true emotions. So she let herself cry, until she decided that enough was enough. She needed to pull herself together and live life. So what if a break up happens? She has to continue living.

Chaeyoung cleaned herself quickly before going downstairs, to be greeted by a table filled with her favourite food.

"Oh hey, lunch's almost ready," Jisoo said with a wide smile.

Chaeyoung smiled tenderly at the older couple, knowing that these are the people who are worth it.

"You didn't have to cook all of my favourite food guys," Chaeyoung said, looking at them with eyes filled with gratitude.

Jennie smiled, "Of course we had to."

"Thank you," Chaeyoung thanked, with a genuine smile on her lips.

Jisoo shook her head with a polite smile, gesturing that it was okay. This really lifted Chaeyoung's mood a little. Her heart felt a little more content than it was a while back.

They enjoyed dinner together, talking and laughing with each other, genuinely having a great time. While Lisa started to clear the house. She made sure that everything related to her workplace was discarded and thrown away.

She honestly didn't want to remember anything about the workplace, and since she wouldn't be working now, it wouldn't be necessary for her to keep any documents from there. The Thai already planned to shut the work room that both Chaeyoung and her used to share since there was no use in it anymore.

Lisa exhaled heavily when she realised that she has to clear the other rooms of the things she had bought for Chaeyoung, or anything that belonged to her. If you thought that she was throwing the items away, you are so wrong. Lisa would never throw things that belonged to Chaeyoung away. She wanted to just keep them in boxes, so that she could get someone to deliver them to Chaeyoung if something actually happens to her.

After she had packed up some items left behind on Chaeyoung's table, she moved on to the room they share, or shared. It's a pity, really, to see such an epic love story be destroyed just by this misunderstanding.

The brunette opened their closet, her eyes set on the clothes. Half of the closet was empty, while the other was filled with her own clothing. A sigh made its way out of Lisa's lips. She felt stupid for feeling this way. If it was over, then she should learn to let go. Instead of just dwelling over it over and over again.

She blinked, getting everything together before putting everything in the box. By the time she finished packing the place, she carried two boxes into their work room. She stood over those two boxes, looking at the labels "Yours" and "Ours".

A sad smile took over Lisa's lips, before she closed the door to that room and walked away. It was a day for her to heal from whatever she has suffered. She left the house to attend her chemotherapy season scheduled a while ago, driving alone to the hospital.

It pained her to have Chaeyoung's faint scent fill her nose in the car. But she shoved it aside. She shouldn't feel bitter or sad in anyway anymore, if she wanted to feel better, she'll have to shove all those old feelings away.

Impossible as it may seem, she'll try.

a/n: school is back oof it sucks but oh well