Her Best Friends are Here | Chapter 37

Waking up, Chaeyoung frowned at the different ceiling she was staring at. She tried to collect her thoughts of last night.

Then the biggest fear hit her. She slept with someone else.

She sat up, the throbbing in her head made tears well up in her eyes as she thought of the worst scenarios.

What if I actually slept with someone?

She forces herself out of bed to realise that she was fully clothed and there were no pieces of clothing on the ground. She stood up, almost falling down immediately after because of how bad her head was spinning from the hangover.

Just then, her phone rang, bringing her into a panic because she didn't know where her phone was. Following the sound of it, she found it in her hand bag.

"Hello?" Chaeyoung answers the phone call.

"Where are you?" Jisoo asked worriedly. "You didn't come home last night," Jisoo continued.

Chaeyoung pulled the curtains apart to try and recognise the landscape around her.

"Uh. At the hotel next to the Anchor of Ace," Chaeyoung said, realising that someone had brought her to the hotel right beside the bar she was at yesterday.

Jisoo sighed in what sounded like relief, "Okay. I'm coming to get you."

Jennie however, made her way to Chaeyoung's old shared apartment with Lisa because she decided to pay her old friend a visit.

When she reached, she knocked on the door and exhaled nervously. The door swung open and there stood a unhealthily skinny Lisa.

"Jennie," Lisa said with some shock. "What are you doing here?"

Jennie blinked, "To see you of course." Lisa enveloped the older girl in a hug before showing Jennie into the house. Lisa scrambles around to make some space on the couch for Jennie to sit.

To say that Jennie wasn't shocked was a lie. The house was so messy and untidy, it didn't seem like someone like her would live in this apartment.

"Oh uh... one second let me get some drinks for y—"

"No," Jennie interrupted, pulling Lisa to sit down with her. "Talk to me Lalisa. What's going on? How are you?"

The Thai girl, gulped. It has been a very long while since she has thought about herself and how she was doing. Then she realised how messy the house was, and she can't help but feel like shit.

Lisa sighed, "Bad."

The other girl reaches over to hold Lisa's hand for support, "I'm here."

Tears filled Lisa's eyes as she continued to think of her current state, how she has been suffering in so much pain.

"I—I just don't get it!" Lisa exclaimed exasperatedly, all the pent up sadness and emptiness was surfaced. "Why is it so hard for her to get the fact that I have cancer through her thick skull?"

Jennie squeezes Lisa's hands to show Lisa that she'd always be there for her no matter what.

——

About a month later

"Lisa?" Jennie called, opening the doors of the house that Chaeyoung and Lisa used to live in. Lisa has given Jennie a set of keys since the older girl always paid visits to Lisa's place to make sure she's all well.

"Coming!" Lisa exclaimed from her room upstairs, running down after.

Jennie smiled, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," Lisa smiled back, feeling a little more happy because this time around Jennie was there to accompany her to the appointment. "So we're going to the bar later right? The Anchor of Ace?" Lisa asked excitedly while they were in the car.

The older girl nodded, "Jisoo will be there too."

Lisa's smile grew wider. She cannot wait to see Jisoo after such a long time and she was sure that it would go great. She has always loved Jisoo as an older sister and nothing will change that. So as it is with Jennie.

The hours passed quicker than anyone could expect and now Lisa and Jennie were already at the bar waiting for Jisoo to come by.

"This place isn't as bad as I thought it was," Lisa commented, taking a sip from her drink. "And the bartender's really polite."

Jennie nodded with a smile, trying her best to keep Chaeyoung's private life away from Lisa.

The bartender is Chaeyoung's boyfriend.

Shay and Chaeyoung's developed over time because Chaeyoung kept coming to the bar, and they soon started to fall in love. Maybe Chaeyoung didn't, but Shay did, very clearly and Chaeyoung went with it.

The brunette blinked, taking a sip from her drink as well when she saw how happy Lisa was being here. But Jennie felt really really bad for Lisa at the moment, and she wanted to get away for a bit so that she could get herself together.

"I have to go to the bathroom," Jennie said, getting up and leaving the table Lisa was seated at. The younger girl nodded and continued to wait for Jisoo patiently.

But while she was waiting, she could've swore she saw a figure that she could recognise, just that she couldn't identify and pin point who it was specifically. She shut her eyes and tried to shake the possibility of meeting Chaeyoung out of her head.

"Here alone?" someone asked, causing Lisa to open her eyes.

"Jisoo!" Lisa exclaimed in ecstasy, throwing her arms around the older girl to hug her tightly. "I missed you so much!"

Jisoo chuckled and hugged Lisa back. To say that Jisoo missed Lisa was an understatement too.

"I missed you too dumb ass," Jisoo teased. They pulled away and Lisa ordered a drink for Jisoo from Shay, the polite bartender. "So how's everything? My girlfriend has been going to your place a lot," Jisoo stated in a joking manner.

Lisa laughed, "Much better. I feel much stronger now and of course much happier." The older girl smiled, feeling content that her best friend was feeling better.

A short while later, Jennie returned and gave Jisoo a quick peck, "Having fun without me?"

"No, I wouldn't dare to," Jisoo responded coyly.

Lisa rolled her eyes at the couple, "Gross."

The three of them broke into laughter and continued to have their fun.

It was all fun and drinking until that same familiar figure sat on the chair right in front of bartender in line with Lisa's sight.

That was when the seriousness came in.

a/n: unedited but i really wanted to deliver to y'all🥰 thank you so much for 1k❤️