05

AURORA

AURORA

Saturday came a lot quicker than I wanted.

On the eve of my first night out in 3 years, I sat in my dorm room finishing my assignment due for Monday, well in advance. How fun. As I typed on my laptop, which sat on my lap, Asher and I's conversations still mulled over in my head. It was quite annoying actually. I wanted to happily focus on my biology and instead this boy was stuck in my head.

My phone dinged on the bed side table, alerting I had a text message from an unknown number. I didn't have many friends so my phone didn't ding very often.

My heart beat faster. The text may have been silly, but it was from an unknown number, and anything unknown struck a cord of fear.

Unknown: So this really sexy guy asked this girl out, and he left without getting her number.

Oh god. My stomach dropped at the message. There's no way. It couldn't be.

Aurora: Have you got the right number?

Asher: Oh, it's Asher hi

What was I supposed to reply to that. It was typical that Cassie and Sophie weren't answering their phones, meaning I had no one to help me through this. I needed someone to consult so I didn't say something stupid.

Aurora: Oh, hi Asher

Was that stupid? Was it to dry? I had texted guys before, but this was Asher we were talking about here. I'd rather not blow it before it had even begun. The attention he of all people, was giving her was astounding to me. For being someone who craved to simply blend in, I was being surprisingly adventurous.

Before the abduction, I remembered seeing Asher from a far at parties. I wasn't extremely popular per say, not like Asher but I wasn't an outcast. I had friends and social life, and her whole college career ahead of her. I'd kissed a number of boys at Alabama and a fair few in Malibu before that. Things were very chilled out in Malibu, so no one took hookups a big deal then. Thinking back to how carefree I was them was nice.

Hesitantly picking up my phone, I saw 3 texts from Cassidy telling me how I had to catch up on Pretty Little Liars and how good it was. Rolling my eyes laughing I continued to scroll down before stopping seeing a reply from Asher.

Asher: So, how are you?

I didn't even realise a smile had tugged at my lips until it was too late. Even I knew that was quite a generic response.

Aurora: I'm okay Asher. How are you? How has your night been?

Straight after hitting send, I instantly regretted it.

"Shit... shit!" I sounded like a stalker. Without even thinking I had just replied as though it was normal.

My phone buzzed not even a minute later and I grabbed it immediately.