15

AURORA

AURORA

Three drinks down, the party was in full swing I was having more fun than I had had in years.

Asher kept a watchful eye, his hands usually resting upon my waist, and if not he never strayed too far. He was making it abundantly clear that we, whatever we were, were together. At least for tonight anyways.

My fears that he would be embarrassed by me flew out the window the minute he swooped down for a kiss. As if making a public service announcement to all men in the room that I was his. Not that I minded. It didn't stop the female stares however, but I tried not to let them bother me.

It was also nice to see a different side of Asher. Around his team mates he was louder and cheekier. A grin not usually falling from his face. I also notes the lack of alcohol in his grip throughout the night so far. I had only watched him drink two beers so far, making him the clear tortoise in a room full of hares.

We stood next to Cassidy chatting, as I felt his thumbs rubbing up and down, tracing the bump of my hip blown delicately. My back fell into his chest comfortably as I tried to settle the rapid pulse of my heart. I felt the slight scratch of his five o'clock shadow as he pressed a gentle kiss to the point where my neck met my shoulder.

Out of the corner of my eye I spied the table which had been transformed into a very serious game of beer pong. Maybe it was the alcohol churning in my system with my lack of tolerance, or simple excitement, I turned to Asher with a mischievous grin.

"What is it Sleeping Beauty?"

I nodded towards the table surrounded by large, screaming football players. "I wanna play."

Asher's eyes widened. "Really?"

I nodded, biting my lip in a grin.

"You sure you can see straight? Won't knock someone in the head with one of those things?" He teased, smirking down at me.

"No," I protested, huffing my shoulders. "I can see perfectly well thank you!

"Your sexy when your huffy you know that?"

My mouth gaped in a frustrated manner as my hand nudged his chest, or we'll attempted to, not moving him an inch causing his chest to vibrate in a chuckle. "Alright. But no more drinks for now, since you'll be waddling about like Bambi on ice when that third drink hits you."

That was a fair statement. I hadn't exactly held back in my drink strength, somehow believing I held the same tolerance that I used to. I most definitely didn't.