07

AURORA

AURORA

The days went by quicker now. Since knowing Asher, it made life the slightest bit happier. A slight skip in my step; the hint of a smile on my resting face. I felt per to the girl I once was than I had in years.

Dr Henderson's lessons were fascinating. I'd always loved biology but ignited a desire to learn within me I hadn't felt in years. During class however, I was distracted to no end by the handsome man on the other side of the room. He still sat with his friends in the far corner, hearing their cackles echo throughout the large room. No one ever questioned them however or told them to quiet down, it was the hierarchy here. Football players were gods gift on campus and Asher Monroe sat on the top throne.

I'd judged him initially. I assumed he would fit the stereotype quite fittingly. Quarterback... handsome... popular. The next world coming to mind would be asshole. But he surprisingly wasn't. The date he had taken me on at the weekend had showed the epitome of chivalry.

Since then we hadn't spoken much. I had heard there was a big game coming up so my guess was that he was busy. And it was one date. Why get ahead of myself? A man like that probably has a date lined up for every weekend, so what would make me any more special?

"Have you text him yet?" A visibly jumped as my best friend appeared over my shoulder startling me; the girl was like a ninja.

"No I haven't." My eyes rolled playfully as she pouted.

"But why?" She whined.

I couldn't help but sigh. I understood their misunderstanding, but I wasn't going to be presumptuous with Asher. And going on that date with him was a big step, and for now I was quite comfortable in my little safety bubble.

We walked towards to quad to eat our lunch, hugging my books tightly to my chest. "It's not that easy Cass. Baby steps remember?"

Her face flooded with guilt as she turned sympathetically. "Your right. I'm sorry. I just want you to be happy Rory! That and the dude is totally into you."

"Cass it's been one date."

"Yea, and he's been blowing up your phone since!"

She did have a point there. Asher had been texting every day since our date. Some were just general chat, and others simple messages along the lines of 'you looked really pretty today.'

The man flattered me to the point where I didn't know how to respond... so I didn't. I didn't want to give him the wrong idea of not being interested but there's only so many times you can say thank you without seeming illiterate.