26

AURORA

AURORA

After the news of the sentencing, Asher had been doing his very best to distract me over past few weeks. He liked to call it 'Asher's Advant Calender of Fun', since he wanted to fill up each and every day we could spend together. He had every single day planned out and it made my heart flutter just at the thought.

I'd also been making regular appearances at Asher's games. He was playing the best of career at the moment and nothing felt better than watching him succeed. He was so happy on the field, his smile so bright that I could see it from the stands. And then at the end of each game, Asher and I would go home together. At first I would just go over to Asher's for the evening, but cuddles on the sofa usually ended up as sleepovers in his extra baggy clothes.

Which was where I currently found myself. The Sunday morning sun was blinding through the curtains as Asher and I lay in bed together. It was early, probably around eight am but I didn't want to check my phone, I just wanted to lay here with him. Our sleeping positions had switched once I awoke, as I currently sat propped against a pillow, with Asher's arms around my waist and head nestled into my chest as he doozed softly. My nails ran gently through his hair as I felt his body rise and fall with the gentle breaths. It felt like perfection.

The rest of my time not spent with Asher was spent with Sophia and Cassidy. Or sometimes spent with all three. The news of the sentencing only brought all three of them closer to me, as huddling around me like a protective bubble. It felt good to have them again, as if things were the way they were before. Even though they weren't, we still cuddled up in my dorm for movie nights every other night... we had to fit school work in somewhere.

A sharp intake of breath caught my attention, as Asher jostled himself awake. His head lifted from my chest, his eyes flicking around the room as his body tensed.

"Hey," I soothed, stroking his hair again. "You okay?" His eyes flicking up to meet mine before his whole body relaxed contently.

"Hm?" I pushed gently.

Asher signed heavily, his arms tightening around me, "Just a bad dream." He grumbled, his voice gravely from sleep.

"You want to talk about it?"

Asher only shook his head, kissing my neck gently. I didn't want to push him to him too far, but I never liked to see him hurting. Even if it was just in a nightmare.

"So, what is today's plan?" I quickly changed the subject, smiling gently as he sat up excitedly.

"Well, today is a special today" Asher explained, a big smile on his face.