19

With my eyes closed in the car I felt like I was dreaming

With my eyes closed in the car I felt like I was dreaming. Sitting arounf the kitchen table were my family, and I was just coming in from a late afternoon surf.

"About time!" Beau scolded playfully, as I threw my sun dress on over my bikini as I pushed through the back door.

Rushing to my dad I left a kiss on his cheek before moving to my mom and doing the same.

"Sorry momma." I apologised, as she squeezed me right from here seat.

"It's okay baby. Now sit! I made your favourite."

It was true, she had made her specialty spaghetti bolognaise which only she knew the recipe too. She guarded that recipe like it was Coca-Cola or something.

Sitting in my seat I began to stack up my plate as my family began to eat.

"Good surf?" Beck asked from my right, his dry hair suggesting he had not gone out to the waves yet.

"Amazing." I grinned, earning a one in return from my eldest brother as he ruffled my hair.

"I'm gonna go catch a few later tonight if you want to come with me?" Beck asked, stuffing his face whilst doing so.

"Is that even a question?" I grinned.

"Carefully," dad warned, raising his eyebrows. "There's been plenty of shark reports lately."

"Always Papa." I smiled, giving my best puppy eyes. They always seemed to work a treat with dad, even now at sixteen. I was his baby girl. My mother was my best friend, and my dad was my hero. They were both like dream come true to me. I wanted to be the perfect mix of both of them when I was older. I wanted someone to look at me the way my father looks at my mother. And I want to look right back at him the same way, whoever he is.

"Cue the baby eyes." Beau grumbled, rolling his eyes. Despite how close we were, my brothers knew that I could have my parents in like putty in my hands if I batted my eyelashes enough.

"Shut up." I mumbled, kicking Beau under the table as Beckham grinned at me.

"Aurora."

The shake of my shoulder woke my from my dream. Dream, not nightmare. Getting glimpses of my family in dreams was all I had to hold onto now.

Squinting my eyes slightly, I could make out a slightly blurry Asher as he sat facing me from the drivers seat. "You really do make Sleeping Beauty a reality for me don't you?"