18

AURORA

AURORA

"What did you pack in here woman, two tonnes of cement?"

I watched as Asher heaved my two suitcases from the pavement into the trunk of his ridiculously fancy car. Despite the guilt I felt for him carrying my heavy bags, despite offering, it was quite the sight to watch his back muscles ripple as he lifted.

"I needed outfit options." I shrugged, smiling as I leant against the car beside him.

"No, Sophia told you that you needed outfit options while Cassidy silently cohersed." The man wasn't wrong. I had seven different outfit options for the five days we would spend with Asher's family.

"An outfit for every occasion," Sophia had said, quite literally naming each one individually. From 'breakfast chill', to 'a Pinterest lunch' and not forgetting Sophia's personal favourite, 'making Asher want to have you for breakfast and lunch'.

That one might stay in the case.

"Rory, you could walk around in a garbage bag and still look beautiful." A soft peck on my lips left a lazy grin on my face as Asher closed the boot with a thud. Our comfortablity as a couple only increased with every day that passed.

"Your telling me on the day we met, you would've thought I was normal walking around as trash?"

Asher's head tilted back in a laugh as he walked to the driver's side of the car. "Cute trash." He clarified, winkinng as he climbed into the car.

The sleek black Lamborghini had been the popular choice lately. Despite Asher's humility with his wealth, it was clear to me his little fetish was cars. Fast ones, to be exact. The engine purred to life as the lights flickered on. Although it was early evening, the dark nights of winter were well underway.

Asher revved the engine gently with a cheeky, knowing grin my way.

"Don't you even think about it Sir." I warned, eyeing the man beside me who sat grinning in front of the wheel like a naughty child who had just stolen some candy.

"I have no idea what your talking about."
His hands raised in defence, as the car began to gently crawl forward.

"You know exactl—" The car suddenly lurched forward quickly with a roaring rev. My heart leaped out of my chest as I jumped almost as high as the roof.

"Asher!" I couldn't help but whine huffingly, as he laughed loudly, throwing his head back against the headrest.

After calming his laughter down, he reached over to me, his hand gripping my leg affectionately as he left a kiss on my cheek. "I'm sorry baby, couldn't help it." A cocky grin still plastered on his face.