22

part i

part i.

AURORA

Waking up in Asher's bed was something I had grown used to in the past couple of days. After the talk we had, we fell asleep in each other's arms and realised it felt pretty damn good. So we decided to do it every night since.

As creepy as it sounded, watching him sleep had become one of my new favourite pass times. He looked younger when he slept, his sharpened features looked gentle as his chest moved steadily. I counted every freckle on his face. He had twelve.

It was no surprise that when Asher finally did wake, my socially awkward self pretended to sleep soundly beside him, despite having quickly escaped to brush my team. I mean, morning breath isn't exactly how I want to keep this man.

Keep. As in, my boyfriend. It still felt strange to me, even after everything we had talked about. Of all the girls on campus, that man wanted me, and to be honest it felt pretty great.

I felt his heavy sigh as Asher shifted beside me, the sheets rustling as he did so. Even with my eyes closed, I could feel his gaze.

"Your pretty bad at that you know?"

My eyes popped up to his his handsome,
smirking face. "W-what?"

"The fake sleeping. I expected better from Sleeping Beauty after all."

I groaned, rolling onto my back with a huff as Asher chuckled beside me. Pulling me into his arms, his warmth was welcoming.

"Your cruel," I huffed, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

Asher smirked, kissing my forehead affectionately. "The cruelest!" He chirped sarcastically, chuckling as he found himself hilarious. The hand tipped my chin up gently as he kissed me softly. Kissing him was like a dream I never wanted to wake up from.

Asher pulled away with a cute little frown, "You brushed your teeth." He stated. I couldn't help but giggle as I nodded in confirmation.

"That's hardly fair." The litttle disappointed huff which escaped his mouth brought a smile to my own face. Leaning up I kissed his lips once more, rolling my tongue against his own once before pulling away.

"I don't mind Asher." But apparently that wasn't enough to please him.

"Everyone cares about morning breath," he mumbled, as he climbed out of bed and stomped to the bathroom.

Stretching out my limbs, I knew it was about time I got up out of bed too.

After shouting to Asher that I was going back to my room to change, I met him downstairs for breakfast with his family.