PROLOGUE.

this song matches this chapter perfectly. please listen to it on loop for the whole chapter if you want the full affect.

• • •

young yebin stood on the side of the room, watching, spectating as her mother laid flat on the table, her father hovering over the woman. tears brimmed the girl's eyes, and every part of her brain told her to look away from her "dad."

yebin ran out of the room, flicking away tears as the seven year old jumped and clinged to her own bed. she sobbed, the tears falling nonstop. she could only hear the sounds of her sobs and the sirens of the police and the ambulance wailing in the distance. the image of her father with a knife remained in her brain, making the young girl cry even harder. this family was all she had had, and now it was getting ripped apart.

by none other then her own dad.

the front door bulged open and she jumped, nearly clawing to get under the covers of the bed. tear stains remained on the pillows as they kept coming at full speed. seven year old yebin was unable to hide her sorrow for both her mother and her father. all she wanted was a fatherly figure in her life, fore she hardly ever seen her dad. only a few times a year, honestly.

and when she did, her parents would always fight.

and now, that ended, she guessed.

yebin hid and cried as the police ran into the room, grabbing her father's hands and handcuffing him. yebin could hear the frustrated yells from her own spot in her room. thankfully, someone heard her sobs and went into her room, talking to her.

"what's your name?" the police girl asked soothingly, wiping away the seven year old's tears as they continued to fall down her cheek. "y-yebin," she replied quietly. her voice was shaking, she couldn't hide the fear in her tone — not like she knew better. "do you know the man in the other room?" the woman replied, looking at yebin with empathetic eyes.

"t-that's my father," yebin whispered, her voice shaking once more as her arms started flailing and her tears increased. "what are you thinking right now?"

"daddy, he made mommy sad. he hurt her. why?" the woman hesitated before smiling sadly and shaking her head. the seven year old didn't understand what was going on — only that her mom was hurting because of her dad.

she didn't know her father killed her.

"do you want to be like daddy?" the police woman asked, holding yebin's soft hands in her own to calm her down. yebin shook her head fiercely. "n-no! but i love him!"

the police girl smiled. yebin was so innocent, so pure. she didn't deserve this.