🔺TWENTY FOUR🔻

"i don't know what i'd do if i lost you."

minkyung's eyes held emotions for the first time in forever. unshed tears brimmed the older's eyes, and it was — nonetheless — a heartbreaking sight for the ghost to see. after the doctor ran tests and it was proven that minkyung did indeed have amnesia again, the color came back to minkyung's face. she wasn't blocked out anymore.

then yebin had to tell her everything that just happened. "me... me too." yebin's voice was hoarse and quiet, not able to speak for two reasons: one, she was saving her energy for showing herself instead and two, she was also on the brink of sobbing. even as a spirit, she was mostly human — human emotions overtook yebin in seconds.

it was actually kind of annoying.

the two girls just sat there, staring at each other while trying not to cry. the two had small conversation when they were leaving the building, but other then that the whole rest of the day was silent. the awkward silence was pretty unbearable to minkyung, but still she stayed quiet due to fear.

she was scared of expressing herself.

scared of letting yebin down.

the girl from the previous day was in the back of yebin's mind as she watched minkyung drive back to her house. she watched the way her shoulders heaved up in down and how her breathing was hitched. not in the best condition.

minkyung noticed the same thing, but tried her best not to pay attention. the human paid attention to the road, trying not to crash — she was shocked she even remembered how to drive. but she didn't question it.

even with the thoughts being forced back into the minds of the girls, the same thing always wandered back.

what would happen if minkyung lost everything she had just gained?