🔺SEVENTEEN🔻

a/n: my leg is in so much pain. stupid nurse. ughhhhhhhhhhhh )):

•••

minkyung stood in the ice cream shop, patiently waiting for... whatever it was that she was waiting for.

truth be told, she had already forgotten. but it would dawn on her later.

the brunette patiently sat at the table, specifically made for two people. it was the only one available, considering the usually comfy ice cream shop was now packed with unwanted customers. finally, she heard a voice beside her and remembered what she was doing. "hey, unnie! what ice cream do you want?"

she jumped slightly, but calmed down knowing that it was just yebin. "hey! uh... i don't mind." she imagined yebin nodding, since she couldn't see the ghost at all. minkyung felt the presence leave the room, only to appear outside moments later. she pretended to walk through the door once more, and proceeded to order from the ice cream display — just like a human.

minkyung watched, her heart swelling with pride. she was proud that her girlfriend was so human-like, it made yebin feel so alive. metaphorically speaking, since we all know she isn't.

but still, yebin looked ethereal (she always looked ethereal but just... listen) in this new light.

"here's your ice cream!" yebin chirped, turning around. she put one cup on the table and the other one she continued to hold, letting one hand rest on the bottom and the other gripping the spoon tightly.

yebin chuckled and minkyung turned to her, clearly confused. when minkyung turned to meet yebin's eyes, she saw that the ghost's gaze was elsewhere, focusing on the ice cream sign in the front. "i just... i remember when we came here. months ago. to get to know each other."

minkyung smiled, but it was fake; she didn't remember. "it was amazing," minkyung voiced, hoping that yebin wouldn't make out that she couldn't remember. but her fears dissolved, the moment minkyung had smiled in return. "it was near the first time we had met. i remember that day almost as if it happened yesterday." yebin let out a contented sigh, and minkyung's heart started racing — she was perfect.

minkyung shove a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth and nearly melted herself. it was delicious; she couldn't even believe it. "what flavor?" minkyung asked, her curiosity killing her. "it's really good. i like it. not as much as flowers but i like it a lot, you know—"

"it's butterscotch." minkyung nodded at the ghost, continuing to stare at the ghost even though the blonde was looking elsewhere. "remind me to get it next time."

she could see the faintest hint of a smile playing on the other's lips.

and from there, the couple continued to talk and laugh, not even noticing the girl looking at them through the window.