🔺THIRTY FIVE🔻

the memories flooded in.

one hand held the letter that was becoming more and more crumbled by the minute and the other was holding her head. she felt her body trembling as she had dropped her stuff onto the floor. her mind was racing on its own, and images and clips popped into her brain without her wanting them to.

she remembered the ice cream shop.

she remembered the first time she had kissed yebin.

she remembered the flowers.

she also remembered the flower thing she did for yebin as a gift.

guilt ripped minkyung's chest apart piece by piece, and she felt horrible, horrible, for saying the things she did to yebin. she wanted to vomit; the guilt clawed its way through minkyung's body, making the older girl who was already in a crouch, alter.

she fell to the ground and her head was aching. "i'm sorry," she whispered to no one in particular, but was shocked when someone replied. "baby.. flower princess. it's okay."

a pair of hands helped her up, and she looked into the eyes of a girl from her memories — kang yebin. yebin's black eyes looked lovingly into her own, and minkyung felt her own cheeks heat up ever so slightly. "i got your message," yebin whispered, her voice like velvet. "it's okay."

minkyung stared longer at the girl, never wanting to remove her gaze. but after yebin spoke, minkyung's eyes darted to her face. "c-can we start over?" minkyung spoke slow, trying her best to emphasize on every word.

yebin laughed, her voice angelic in minkyung's ears. "of course."

and that was the only thing minkyung wanted to hear.

THE END.