Chapter 2: Adapting to a New Life

A/N: I just wanted to thank you all for reading this story, it means a lot to me. Remember, constructive criticism is always welcomed and encouraged, I want to keep making this story better and better! Thank you!
————————————————————
*The morning after*
Third Person POV
Your eyes slowly flutter open to the rays of sunshine beaming down on your face. As you look around the campsite and take in all the unfamiliar sights and smells, you also come to the realization, that everything that happened last night, actually happened. It's only after that realization hits you like a truckload of nails that you start shedding tears, that Sky wakes up.

"I know it's hard kid, but you're gonna have to move on at some point. It'd be better to start it now then deal with the pain your whole life." His sudden remark about your tears startled you. "Come on kid, you gotta get up now and start moving. I'll drop you off at the nearest ci-."

"No! Please, don't do that." Your sudden outburst trails off, at the same time making Sky jump a little.

"You're saying you wanna stay with me kid?" He inquired. You slowly and unsurely nodded your head. "Well, I'll think about it. How 'bout this? We'll start walking to the city, because I need to pick up a few things, and then by the time I need to leave, I'll have decided on whether or not you can stay with me, deal?" Your head was excitedly nodding, imagining what'd it'd be like to travel with a huntsman.

Once you and Sky have packed up camp, you two headed out for the nearest city. He said it was Vale, and it was thankfully, only about a day away. The walk to Vale was filled almost to the brim with questions for and directed at one another. He asked you about life before this 'incident' and you asked Sky about his daily life as a huntsman. The most intriguing part of it all is that when you inquired about his past, he was extremely dismissive about it. 'Guess I'll have to drag that out of him some other time.' Your innocent and immature mind thought. 

Along the way, in between the frequent questions and one-word answers, you two encountered various creatures of Grimm, which Sky easily and thankfully took care of, which caused the trip to be fairly smooth because Sky would usually shoot a beowolf lurking in the bushes ages before it would decide to pounce. 

——————Make way for Ye Olde' Time Skip!——————

It was night already, and you and Sky had been in Vale walking around to various locations for pretty much the entire day. You both had arrived pretty early in the morning, after setting up camp a few miles from Vale's walls the night before. 

The locations Sky had dragged you to were various dust and weapon shops. He told you that he was looking for specific parts for an upgrade he wanted to apply to his current weapon, which was already cool enough in your opinion.

Once the cool night air and the cold embrace of the moonlight enveloped Remnant, you knew that your time was up. 'What the hell am I gonna do?! He's surely gonna abandon me! I gotta convince him, or mayb-.'

"Alright kid, I've made my decision," Sky suddenly blurted our after a long silence has enveloped your nightly stroll. You slammed your eyes shut in anticipation of his denial of you. "I've decided to...take you in and train you!" He suddenly blurted out that last line, making you jump. When he had said that, you two had conveniently stopped right in front of a hotel.

You were in absolute shock at what he had just said. He was gonna take you in! Once the shock had entirely left your body, you two had been standing there for a solid minute. "Uh kid, you okay there? Did I say somethi-."

"Thank you so much!" You practically screamed that, which drew the attention of a few passersby's. After blurting out that last line, you ran up to him and hugged him. "Thank you." You said quietly through tears that we're now flowing down your cheeks.

"Anytime, kid." Was all he responded with, picking you up, and proceeding into the hotel lobby.

Once you two were in the room, Sky let you shower first. It was a decently big sized shower, with the tiles meeting the tub on the floor at about 6" or 7" inches off the ground. Of course, the shampoo and soap were both complimentary, and the hot water pelting your back felt so nice after two long days of nothing but walking.

After you got out, it was Sky's turn, and you took this time to examine the hotel room you now resided in. It was a small room, only having two beds, and a TV in front of them in the one room. In the connected room right next to the beds there was a brown leather couch with a small glass coffee table in front of it. Beside the couch were two comfy chairs, and a hall leading to the bathroom door and the front door. In said hallway, there was a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a safe. It wasn't much, but it was enough.

After thoroughly examining the room, you plopped down onto the bed furthest from both doors, and, without even changing your clothes, slowly drifted off to sleep. Before you actually fell into your deep unconscious REM sleep, you heard Sky mutter to himself "I hope your ready kid, 'cause I'm gonna train you like there no tomorrow, every single day of your life." You didn't think much of it until it hit you, 'WAIT, WHAT?!'
————————————————————
A/N: The next chapter is gonna be his training with Sky, and then after that, Beacon and your regularly scheduled RWBY silliness will ensue. Thanks for reading!