Chapter 11: A Gun is Loaded

A/N: I'm not even going to begin to express how sorry I am, so let's just get on with it!
BEGIN
————————————————————
"Come on Cardin, is that all ya got?" Goodwitch seemed to have lost it, as she was now provoking Cardin.

'What on Remnant is she thinking?!' You thought, but you underestimated her. She is a fully trained huntress after all. With Cardin now fully provoked and high on anger, he continuously lunges at his teacher, swinging his mace in every which way one could imagine, but nothing worked.

With each swing, Goodwitch would just block the attack with her aura and, to make Carson's anger worse, her aura gauge was only going to down fractions of a percentage with each hit.

After the 28th swing, Goodwitch caught Carson's mace in her hand as he was winding up. "I think you've had enough fun for the day, young man," she said in her usual cold voice, the earlier adrenaline was now gone. Cardin got the message, and slowly made his way back to his seat.

"So class, you see now that even though I was a to successfully transfer my aura to each part of my body and block every attack, my aura meter still went down, and it will do that every time it comes into use. It is vitally important that you refer to your gauge during combat in order to decide whether or not it is a good time to attack or defend."

Jaune raised his hand, "Then how do we know how much aura we have left without the gauge on our scrolls? We won't have easy access to them in the heat of battle." Goodwitch smiled, happy that someone brought an excellent question.

"Excellent question Jaune. That is something that will come with experience. Over time you will learn your limits, and you'll be able to feel you aura drain more and more, which will be more useful when making the decision to attack or defend. Any other questions? No? Good. Now who would like to spar first?"

Cardin's hand immediately shot up. "Alright Cardin, pick your partner." She simply said. His finger eventually landed on Jaune. "Him."

Jaune's voice was timid and hoarse, "Nah, I'm good..." "It appears that he had declined your challenge. Pick someone else."

Again, he moved his finger past everyone else, with it eventually landing on you. "I pick him."

"Very well, Y/N, do you accept?"

"Gladly, Ms. Goodwitch." With a nod from her, you got up to go change and grab your gear. Upon returning, you could see Cardin impatiently swinging his mace around.

"Jeez, someone's impatient." You said under your breath.

"What was that?" Cardin said in a hostile tone. You gave him a light chuckle.

"Oh nothing, don't worry about it." And with a snarl from Cardin and a "BEGIN" from Goodwitch, you two went at it, or, so that's what everyone anticipated. Instead you just kept dodging his attack, his slow and heavy mace not even grazing you.

"What the fuck, I'm hitting you! There's something WRONG with this thing, I wanna a new weapon!" Cardin complained as he was still swinging it around. You smiled, knowing that he had set himself up.

"Yeah, the problem is the person holding it." That did it. Carding immediately stopped, and gave you the most intense glare you had ever seen in your life. Everyone else was silent as well. No one was sure what was about to happen.

"You. Little. Fucking. PRICK!!" Cardin bellowed at the absolute top of his lungs as his mace was swung at you, but with the same result as before. Before Cardin could rip his mace back out of the wooden floor again, you deployed your katana and swiftly delivered a smack to his head via the hilt and followed up with a backflip kick, to send him flying out of the ring.

People started cheering as Goodwitch hesitantly called the match's end. She still couldn't believe what she had heard. The class then watched as you made your way over to a dazed Cardin, lying down on the ground. "Ya know, you can learn a thing or two from just being a bit nicer," you said as you put your hand out for him.

He just snarled and hit it away.