Chapter 10: Combat Class!

"Attention all students, attention all students. Classes will resume tomorrow, please get a good nights rest. Thank you." The intercom echoed throughout the school as the 9 of you trudged back to your dorms. Team CFVY was already back at their dorm.

"Ugh, I don't wanna get up tomorrow," Yang complained.

"Well, classes were gonna resume at some point, better now than later. Plus you'd complain either way." You pointed out.

"Yeah I guess you're right," she said, defeatedly while hanging her head low. "But tomorrow morning's still gonna be a bitch,"

"Mmhmm," you all agreed. Once the five of you got back to the dorm, nothing else special really happened. You all just took turns in the bathroom, getting ready for bed before going to sleep.

That entire day really tired you all out. It started off really lazy in the morning, and then you all spent the entire rest of the day walking around Vale before finally ending at a karaoke place. You were especially tired and your voice was weak from all the singing you did. While it may not have been distinct physical exercise, you were still exerting yourself.

*MORNING*

That next morning was absolutely awful. Since waking up is probably the worst thing in life, save for tragedies. Your entire team just lazed around the dorm getting ready until Ruby blurted out:

"Wait! What class do we have today?!" Everyone's eyes widened at that sudden question. We all realized the dreaded truth.

"We have combat class with Ms. Goodwitch." Weiss stated in the most defeated tone imaginable.

"Well shit, we're all gonna die today,"

"Let's just get it over with," Blake said. You all agreed. At 8:50 you all exited the dorm room, quickly grabbed some shit from cafeteria and made your way to Goodwitch's class. When the five of you entered the classroom, it was 8:55.

"Well, Well, Well, Team RWBY finally decided to show up. Take you seats," she shot at you sternly.

"Alright class, since today is Day 1, we'll be reviewing the basic of aura, and semblances." The entire class groaned.

"Oh calm down, it won't be as bad as you think," she tried to console, but you all knew better. It'll be much much worse than it already seems. "Alright let's begin!"

Ms. Goodwitch, like she already stated, started off with a long lecture on the basics, how to attack, block and most importantly, aura usage.

"Would anyone like to come up and help me demonstrate?" She asked the class. No one's hand went up. "Alright then, Cardin, why don't you come on down here." She only earned a low growl and a glare from Cardin as he made his way down from his seat to the stage. "Cardin," she warned, "another glare like that and I'll send you to Professor Ozpin, got it?" He only nodded and looked down.

"Alright class, listen up. Now Cardin and I will teach you about aura. As you all know, aura is an extension of our souls, and we can use it to protect us and our fragile bodies. We're like a bullet proof glass cannon, in a way. So, if I focus my aura towards the spot where I want it to, say, my left shoulder," we all looked as Goodwitch's left shoulder began to faintly glow, "then that part of my body will be much stronger and firmer, ready for an attack. Now Cardin, attack me."

Cardin seemed really happy all of a sudden, probably because the teacher was allowing him to hit her.

"Carson's a fucking psychopath," you whispered. The others quietly agreed.

Cardin rushed at Goodwitch, and he swung his mace towards her left cheek. But right before his mace connected to her face, that same faint glow from her shoulder earlier now existed on that cheek he was going to hit.

Once his mace connected, it was sent flying back, and Cardin stumbled a little. Goodwitch just stood there, unscathed, but her aura meter only dropped a fraction of a percentage. Cardin, looked up at the monitor that displayed their auras and growled a little bit more.

"Come on, Cardin! Is that all you got?"
————————————————————
A/N: sorry this took so long to get out, but I'll try to make next chapter longer than this once. This one was just under 700 words but I tend to try and keep them at at least a thousand words each. Bare with me, and thanks. Goodbye and don't die!