Chapter 7: Now We're Breaking Down the Barriers

A/N: I believe the title and last chapter gave away what's gonna happen, but then again it should be pretty obvious either way.
BEGIN!
————————————————————
That next morning was full of tension. It was so thick that one could have cut through it even with a rusty butter knife. Yang and Blake were stealing quick glances at you, and when you got out of the bathroom, Ruby and Weiss had joined in.

But, the feelings of the morning and last night would have to be suspended, for today, classes started. 'Perfect timing!' You thought. As Port starter his boring story, not even a lecture Weiss start whispering to you.

"Blake told me what happened last night,"

"Yeah, I figured that out," your cold, unusual tone made her frown a little in guilt.

"You know we're sorry for seeing that, but if it's affecting you to the point of waking up screaming in a pool of your sweat in the middle of the night, you gotta talk about that." You sighed, she did have a point. You wouldn't be able to hide this forever, especially at this rate. "At least think about it, please."

She smiled. She knew she had gotten to you, but you wouldn't break yet, it would take something else to break you. As you finally turned your attention back to Port's story, he was just finishing up.

"A real huntsman must be honorable! A real huntsman must be strong, and a real huntsman must have determination, do any of you believe that you possess these traits?" Throughout Port's closing speech, you glanced over to your team only to see Ruby doing various immature shit and Weiss progressively getting angered by this.

"I do, sir!" Weiss' hand immediately shot up after Port finished.

"Well then, come down here and prove it!" Weiss complied, and stood up and made her way down to the front of the room, weapon in hand.

"Are you ready?" Port's excited voice that reflected that of a small child's only served to piss Weiss off more. "Go!" He yelled as he chopped the chain off the chain of a hidden cage. Almost immediately a borbatusk charged out, directly at Weiss. Weiss stayed still and blocked with her weapon, but it's tusks were able to disarm her.

"Oh, what will you do without your weapon?"

Weiss simply ran around the borbatusk and retrieved her weapon, in time to create a few glyphs to give her the advantage.

"Weiss! Aim for its underbelly, it's got-"

"Stop telling me what to do!" Weiss' retort made Ruby flinch, and hang her head in guilt. She then proceeded to do exactly what Ruby had told her to do, and knocked the borbatusk over and impaled its underbelly, killing it.

"Marvelous! Simply marvelous! It appears we are in he presence of a true huntress in training!" Port praised. "And remember, stay vigilant! Class dismissed." Once he dismisses class, Weiss stormed out of the class, along with Ruby running after her.

"I'll go make sure it doesn't turn into a shit show," you announced to your team. You increased your stride a little as you were about to round a corner, only to see Weiss scolding Ruby.

"That's exactly it! You've done nothing to deserve your position, and frankly, I deserve better. Ozpin made a mistake!" Her last words really hurt Ruby, as she was visibly hurt by that. After Weiss stormed off, you approached her.

"Don't listen to what she said, you're a great leader. Do you want me to go talk to her?" You inquired.

"Yes please." Her voice was weak from the recent scolding. As you left to the balcony to talk to her, you heard Ozpin start to also talk to Ruby. 'Thanks Oz,' you thought.

As you entered the balcony through the doorway, you could see Weiss in all her glory leaning on the railing, peering into the night sky. The light warm breeze slightly swayed her platinum hair and combat skirt. She appeared much more beautiful that night than ever before.

"Argh, how can she be so privileged?" She asked herself.

"That's pretty ironic coming from you." She instantly turned around at the sound of her voice, her eyes glaring into your soul with all the hate she could muster.

"How dare you! You have no idea what I've been through." She scoffed.

"I could say the same thing. That scolding you gave Ruby was pretty rough, you might wanna reconsider what you said."

"No, I meant every word. She thinks she's entitled to leader position when she hasn't done anything to earn it!"

"And neither have you Weiss. So far you have done nothing but bitch and complain. That's not being a good person, or a good leader." Her face became even more shocked as you went on. "Before me, I see a girl who's gotten most if not everything she's ever wanted without doing much of anything, don't even try to deny it. Do you really think that acting the way you are will make Ozpin reconsider his decision? If I were you, I'd try not to be the best leader, but the best person you can be. Try and learn from her, and she'll learn from you as well. Help each other, and we'll all prevail." As you finished, her face was the most shocked you've seen it.

"I suppose you're right, thanks for that," Weiss sighed. "That sounded much smarter the more you went on." She commented.

"Thanks, I try, now let's get back to the dorm." You replied. Weiss sped ahead of you, but you didn't think much of it. But little did you know that a nasty surprise was waiting for you outside your dorm.

When entered the hallway that led to your dorm, you saw Jaune sitting on the floor to the left of his dorm's door, scroll in hand.

"What's wrong my dude?" He looked up from his scroll with a saddened expression, but that quickly changed to a surprised one when he saw you.

"Oh, I thought you were already in your dorm. I'm not sure about what's wrong though."

"How so? Are you confused" You simply replied.

"Well, I guess I could explain it to you. It's just that, why did Ozpin make me leader, there's nothing special about me. I barely have an aura, no semblance, and no combat skills! I'm nothing!"

"Jaune, come on. Ozpin has reasons for all of his decisions, and I don't think you're one of his mistakes. You can work on your aura, there's no shame in that, and you can unlock your semblance. It will come, just give it time." You tried to comfort him as best you could.

"Easy for you to say, you've got a team full of hot girls, a cool semblance, you can play multiple instruments, and are amazing at combat. I just have a dumb hand-me-down from ages ago that doesn't mean jack-shit. Plus, my family overshadows me at every point! Growing up with seven sisters ain't easy." He got more aggravated as he went on.

"Jaune I don't think we should involve fam-"

"And I bet you have just the best family in the world, huh?"

"Jaune don't go there," you warned.

"Your mom and dad must be amazing fighter and musicians! What a special little snowflake they raised!" This finally broke.

"OH YEAH?! WELL AT LEAST YOU HAVE A FAMILY! I HAD TO WATCH MINE GET MURDERED!" You shouted at the absolute top of your lungs, and immediately regretted it.

"How many?" His voice was now reduced to just above a whisper.

"All of them," You said, returning to your normal tone. Tears started welling up in your eyes, you looked away.

"I should leave, sorry for shouting." You quickly dismissed the whole thing and started to walk off. But before you could get very far, the door to your dorm slammed open, revealing your team with determined expressions on their faces.

"Girls, not now," you pleaded, but it was no use. They dragged you back to the dorm, and locked the door.

"You are going to tell us everything, starting from the beginning, so we can finally help you." Ruby began.

*Sigh* "Here it goes."
————————————————————
A/N: I'm ending this now because I've already written a lot and it's late at night, so you can assume what's coming next chapter, so stay tuned! Good bye and don't die!