Chapter 1: Arriving At Kings College

Hello! Thanks for stumbling across this book! This book may contain some self-harm and suicide attempts, but other than that, there are no trigger warnings! And this book will also be told in 3rd person POV, but will mainly follow Alex. This is also modern. All right? Here we go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Alex bit his lip as he was waiting outside of his small house for his friends to pick him up. He was gonna be going to college. Kings College, to be exact. He sighed as a bunch of thoughts ran through his head.

   What if my teachers suck?

   What if my friends turn on me?

   What if I get a roomate that I hate?

   Alex gulped at the last one. He already had one person in mind that would fit the criteria for being a person that he hated.

   Thomas Jefferson.

   Thomas had bullied Alex almost non-stop in high school, and he really didn't need that dimwit in his life again.

   Just then, Lafayette's car pulled up. However, Alex was in too much of a nervous daze to notice.

   Lafayette chuckled at the distracted Alex. "Mon ami?"

   Alex looked up at his French friend, smiling. "Laf! When did you get here?"

   Lafayette rolled his eyes. "Just get in."

   Alex nodded, doing as he was instructed. He saw that Hercules was already in the passenger side, and John was in one of the backseats. Alex gave a wave to the two as he sat down in the other backseat. "Hey, guys."

   "Hey, Alex!" Herc boomed in that deep voice of his, turning around in his seat to face Alex as Laf started driving.

   Alex winced at Herc's loud tone, chuckling.

   John waved at Alex, a smile on his face. "How've you been, man?"

   Alex shrugged, the nervousness he previously had vanishing. "As good as I can be, I guess."

***

   The rest of the ride went by with the four friends joking around and doing stupid things.

   And by stupid, I mean literally throwing pencils and pens at Lafayette's head while he was driving.

   The boys had gotten a motherly scolding from Lafayette for that.

   Anyways, Laf pulled into the school's parking lot. He turned to his friends, a jolly smile on his lips. "So, guys! Are you excited for our first day of college?"

   The other three had mixed responses.

   "YES!" Herc yelled, hurriedly unbuckling his seatbelt and dashing outside to register.

   Laf rolled his eyes, chuckling. "Oh, Hercules..."

   "No. I'm not excited at all," Alex muttered, unbuckling himself with a shaky hand.

   Laf's eyebrows knitted in concern and confusion as he, too, unbuckled. "Why not, mon ami?"

   "I don't know...what if I get a bad roomate? What if I don't know anyone in my class?" Alex asked, feeling a shiver make its merry way down his spine at the thought of Thomas. That kid made Alex cut himself.