Chapter 7: Losing Friends

When Thomas and Alex got to Laf's dorm, they announced their new relationship. "Everyone! May I have your attention, please?" Thomas said, a gigantic smile on his face.

   All the guests looked at Thomas and Alex expectantly.

   Thomas stole a glance at Peggy, (who was, thankfully, fully dressed,) and he felt a bit bad, considering he was gonna break up with her after dating her for about two seconds. But he carried on anyways.

   "Alex and I are dating!" Thomas said, wrapping an arm around Alex.

   Peggy immediately gasped, covering her mouth, while the rest of the guests either looked comfused or angry.

   "What?! Weren't you literally just dating my sister?!" Angelica snapped.

   Thomas put his hands up in defense, afraid that Angelica would slap him like he did at the dance that was held in their senior year of high school.

   That incident was permanently carved into his mind.

   ~Flashback that no one asked for~

   Thomas stood by the punch table, clutching his cup of what was most certainly spiked punch. He looked around, hoping he could find someone to dance with. No one had accepted his promposal, so he figured he'd just track down a hot single girl.

   His chocolate brown eyes landed on Angelica, who was standing on a nearby corner on her phone.

   Thomas smirked. Bingo. Not only would he be landing a hot girl, he would be landing a Schuyler.

   Yeah. So Thomas wasn't completely lying when he said he wasn't gay. He was bisexual, so...

   Anyways, he strutted up to Angelica with that dramatic walk of his. He held out a hand to her and bowed. "Thomas Jefferson. You seem like a fine lady. Would you care to dance with a fine gentlemen~?"

   Angelica scoffed, looking up from her phone. "I don't do that. Piss off."

   Thomas smirked. "Fiesty. I like that."

   Angelica narrowed her eyes. "I'm giving you one more chance to scaddle."

   "Mm~. So demanding~. I'd like that in bed~," Thomas flirted, winking.

   Angelica hissed and smacked Thomas across the face.

   Thomas yelped out in pain, holding his cheek and looking at Angelica with a shocked expression.

   "I told you to get your ass out of here!" Angelica growled, crossing her arms.

   Thomas nodded and scampered off.

   There he was. Back at the punch table.

   Back to square one.

   ~Flashback over~

   "Calm down, Angie...I just never really loved your sister..," Thomas said quietly.

   Peggy let out a sob type noise, tears streaming down her cheeks.

   Eliza scoffed and held her sister close. "How could you lead her on like that?!"

   "Guys, look..," Thomas said, trailing off. Alex stayed silent, afraid to speak.

   "Mon ami...why would you do this..?" Laf asked, his face showing disappointment.

   "I was too afraid to tell Alex how I felt, so I told Peggy instead!" Thomas said.

   Herc shook his head. "You guys should go..."

   The others nodded in agreement.

   Alex frowned. He had just lost all pf his friends. He opened his mouth to speak but got cut off by Thomas nodding and dragging Alex out of the dorm.

   Once they were out, Alex turned to Thomas. "What the fuck, Thomas?! Why did you just drag me out before I could apologize?! Oh God...I just lost my friends..."

   Thomas' eyes softened, resting a hand on Alex's shoulder. "Darlin'..."

   Alex cut Thomas off. "Save it. I'm going to bed..." Alex said, quicklt walking back to his dorm.

   Thomas sighed. He was at a loss of what to do. Should he just go back to the dorm and accept the consequences of his actions? Should he go back into Laf's dorm and beg for forgiveness?

   After a bit of deciding, he figured his best friend, James Madison, could come over and the trio could hang out.

   He nodded to himself, satisfied with his decision. Thomas took out his phone and dialed James' number, pressing the reciever to his ear.

   After a bit of the phone ringing, James answered in his smooth, deep voice. "Hello?"

   Thomas was relieved to hear the voice of what was then his only friend. "Hey, James. I was wondering if you could come over to my and Alex's dorm. We're kinda going through some stuff..."

   Thomas could hear James scoff from the other line. "Hamilton's your roomie?"

   Thomas nodded. "Yeah."

   "Do you hate living with him?" James asked.

   Thomas smiled slightly at the thought of Alex. "No. He's actually a pretty good roomie."

   James was confused. The last time he and Thomas had seen each other, Alex and him were enemies. He wondered what had changed.

   "Anyways..," Thomas continued, biting his lip as he remembered how he lost Laf as a friend for leading Peggy on heartlessly, "can you come over?"

   There was silence on the other line for a bit. "Okay. See you then, baby~."

   Then James hung up.

   Thomas stared at the phone in confusion. "'Baby'?" he muttered aloud. He shrugged it off, hoping that that nickname was just a James sort of thing. He walked back to their dorm, where Alex was feverishly writing on a piece of paper, and what looked like thousands were stacked up beside him. "Whoa, Alex. Calm down..."

   Alex looked up at Thomas, and he was a mess. His hair was all over the place, and dried tear marks were visible on his face. You could practically see the sadness in his eyes. "No. I write when I'm sad, okay?" His voice sounded broken; he couldn't get through one word without his voice cracking.

   Thomas smiled softly. "It's gonna be okay..," he said, sitting next to Alex and all of his papers.

   Alex looked up at Thomas, his eyebrows furrowed. "How is it gonna be okay?! We lost our friends today, Thomas! And we'll never get them back!"

   Thomas smirked. "Well, we didn't lose all of 'em."

   As if on cue, there was a knock on their dorm's door.

   "Speak of the devil," Thomas said, getting up. He went to the door with Alex looking at him with confusion.

   Thomas opened the door, smiling at James. "Hey, Jemmy. Come on in."

   James smiled, but something about his smile made Thomas feel uneasy. It was more a smirk of ill intent. He strutted in, and he subtly squeezed Thomas' ass as he walked past him.

   Thomas squeaked in surprise and tried to suppress a moan. He looked back at James.

   Oh boy.

   -----------

Hhhhhhhh 600+ reads?! Omg! Thanks! And this is more of a filler chapter, but ye!