Chapter 11: The Future Was Decided

Thomas was intently staring at the red numbers on Aaron's alarm clock, waiting for the alarm to go off. He couldn't wait to Sonic over to his dorm and ask Alex what he decided.

   But, the only problem was, that time was about forty-five minutes away, and Thomas wasn't sure if he could wait that long. But he didn't wanna wake Alex either.

   He sighed and began to hum to himself as a way to pass the time.

   Since Aaron had another roommate, (which was Samuel Seabury, by the way,) Thomas couldn't exactly occupy that bed, so he took the couch next to Aaron's bed.

   And you can imagine how difficult it was for Aaron to sleep when Thomas was humming like a bumblebee on steroids.

   Aaron groaned and pulled the blanket over his head, his eyes red and bloodshot from Thomas keeping him up all night. "Shut the fuck up..," he whispered to himself.

   Thomas heard Aaron whisper something and stopped his humming. "Aaron? You up?" he whispered, shifting to look at Aaron's bed.

   "I've been up all night, thanks to you," Aaron snapped.

   "Sorry..," Thomas mumbled, kicking off his blankets. "I'm just so--"

   "Nervous to hear Alex's decision. Yes. You've told me about a thousand times now," Aaron grumbled, taking the pillow off his head and tossing it across the room.

   "No need to get sassy," Thomas sighed. "You should try waiting for your ex-boyfriend/boyfriend to make a decision that will affect your entire relationship sometime. I highly recommend it." He ran a hand through his floof that was knotted due to him tugging on it nervously all night.

   "Wht don't you just go to Alex's dorm now?" Aaron asked warily. "You know him. He's probably up right now, writing."

   Thomas pondered that. After a bit, he smiled. "You're right! I'll just go now!"

   "Please do. I need my sleep," Aaron groaned. "Hey, while you're up, can you get my pillow that I threw..?"

   Thomas sighed and got up, tossing Aaron his pillow.

   "Thank you..," Aaron mumbled. As soon as his head hit the pillow, he was out.

   Ignoring the tiredness that was taking over his own body, Thomas stretched and started getting ready.

   Because he wasn't smart enough to pack a bag, Thomas started rummaging through Aaron's wardrobe to find something to wear.

   Eventually, Thomas found a light pink shirt that said "Why do I exist" on it and some skinny jeans. The acceptable outfit made Thomas smile.

   Thomas silently slipped into the bathroom to change, and as he was changing, he tried to convince himself that everything would be fine and that Alex would, in fact, take him back.

   But you can't guarantee that, can you? Thomas thought to himself.

   He shivered at the possibility of rejection, putting Aaron's toothpaste on Aaron's toothbrush to brush his teeth. Hey, he didn't pack a bag! Last time he checked, it wasn't a crime to use another man's toothbrush.

   After a few minutes of brushing, he spat out the toothpaste and rinsed iff the brush, putting both the brush and toothpaste back.

   Alex probably isn't gonna take you back, Thomas told himself, brushing his hair with his fingers. He didn't need to use anything else of Aaron's when he had perfectly good hands he could use. He deserves a lot better than you. He's probably gonna go with Laf or something.

   The thought of Alex dating Laf--or anyone, for that matter--made Thomas' blood boil.

   Thomas finished doing his hair and walked out of the bathroom, (forgetting to pick up his old clothes,) breathing heavily. He had never been so nervous in his entire life.

   He looked down and saw that Aaron was out cold, so he quietly slipped out if the dorm.

   1800, here I come, Thomas thought, beginning to jog to his and Alex's dorm.

   A few minutes went by, and he was finally at dorm 1800.

   This was it.

   The big reveal.

   The future of Thomas' and Alex's relationship woulf be figured out at last.

   With a shaking fist, Thomas knocked on the dorm room door.

   Alex jumped, looking up from the essay he was writing. (And, no, the essay wasn't even required.) He was praying that Thomas was at the door so he could tell him his decision as he got up, rushing to the door. He opened it quickly, remembering how adorable Thomas was when the one and only was standing in front of him. "Th-Thomas...hi..."

   "Hey, Lex..," Thomas whispered nervously. "Have you...have you made your decision?"

   Alex nodded, a small smile on his face. "I have."

   That smile on Alex's face gave Thomas' soul a little bit of hope that everything would he all right. "And what is it?"

   "I'm willing to try this again," Alex said with an even wider smile.

   Thomas' mouth fell open, and it felt like all of the weight he had been carrying on his shoulders was lifted off in an instant. Words could not describe the joy Thomas felt. He embraced Alex in a tight and loving hug, to which Alex returned. Joyful tears were pouring out of both of their eyes as they hugged each other.

   "I swear to you, my love, that I will never betray you like that ever again..," Thomas said into Alex's shoulder.

   "You better not," Alex said with a devious smirk.

   Thomas rolled his eyes and held Alex closer.

   The two men pulled apart simultaneously, and Alex smiled. "Would you like to come inside?"

   Thomas raised an eyebrow with a smirk. "This is my dorm, Alex."

   Alex blushed from embarrassment, rolling his eyes. "...Just come in, you bitch."

   Thomas smirked and strutted inside, giggling. However, a small voice in his head was telling him:

   You got lucky this time. The next time you fuck up, Alex won't take you back. Why would he? All you do is cause problems.

   Thomas shook his head to himself to clear the thought out, trying to convince himself that he wouldn't fuck up again. He turned to Alex, smiling. "What do you wanna do?"

   Alex smirked. "Skip school and watch a bunch of Disney movies together."

   Thomas was a bit surprised. Alex never wanted to skip school.

   Never.

   Thomas returned the smirk. "I'm down with that."

   And so, Jamilton was cannon once more.