Chapter 25: The First Day of School (The End)

Beep. Beep.

   Alex's eyes flew open. School was starting up once again, and he couldn't have been happier about it! The lack of assignments had started to drive him crazy!

   If you're wondering, (which you probably are,) Alex and Thomas' vacation in France was wonderful! They saw the Eiffel Tower, ate macaroons, ate baguettes, swam in their hotel's pool, you name it. The vacation couldn't have gone better.

   Alex flew out of bed and changed into a baggy sweater, ripped jeans, and his cat ear headband. Even though it was September 1st, the news said the air would have a certain chill, and Alex wantes to be prepared for that chill.

   He sauntered downstairs and gobbled down a breakfast of eggs and bacon. As he was eating, he thought of all the good and bad times he and Thomas had had in the past year.

   There was the whole Peggy ordeal.

   There was them getting together.

   There was the whole James ordeal.

   There was them getting back together.

   There was Thomas getting shot.

   There was the feeling of relief when he woke up.

   Honestly, the past year had been so crazy.

   But the craziness gave the year a certain value. And it would make a great story.

   Once Alex had finished consuming his food, he walked into the bathroom and began brushing his teeth.

   The year prior to this one, Alex was praying that he wouldn't have to room with Thomas. But now, Alex was praying to ever god there was that he would be rooming with Thomas.

   Sure, Thomas had made Alex's life a living hell and had made the poor boy cut himself, but that person wasn't the real Thomas. The real Thomas is kind, funny, handsome, and loyal.

   Alex spat out his toothpaste and wiped the foamy stuff from his mouth with the back of his hand.

   In another two years, he would be in his senior year of college. And after that, he would strive to become the lawyer he had dreamed of being ever since he was a young whippersnapper.

   Life goes by fast.

   And that's what Alex realized when he put away his toothbrush.

   So I should make the most of it, he thought, a dopey smile crossing his lips.

   Alex grabbed his suitcase of necessities that he would need for living in a dorm and made his way out the door.

   The crisp September air greeted him. The wind blew through his brown hair as he sat down on the grass to wait for Thomas to pick him up and to drive him to his sophomore year of college, his suitcase next to him.

   Alex plucked at the grass he was sitting on. Grass was a weird concept. Little blades of green sticking up from the dirt, the warm embrace of the sun and the tough love of rain coaxing the blades to grow.

   Alex felt a tingling sensation up his leg.

   Alex instinctively shook his leg to get whatever was on his leg off of it. Alex then looked down, and there was a baby grasshopper clinging onto his leg for dear life. It looked like it was gonna fall, so Alex smiled and pucled up the grasshopper, examining it with an inquisitive expression.

   The little creature looked like any other grasshopper. Small, green, all the usual traits.

   But Alex had a fondness for nature. Nothing looked like one of the group. Every being was special and different.

   Alex smiled at the small insect and put it back down on the grass. Returned it to its home.

   The grasshopper made eye contact with Alex for a moment, then hopped away. Its hops were small, like he was a beginner in the ways of hopping. Alex knew he would get it, though. Every being had the potential to do what it wanted.

   Alex looked up and saw Thomas' car roll into his driveway.

   Alex smiled. He got up, grabbed his suitcase, and made his way to Thomas' car, careful not to step on the grasshopper he had made friends with.

   Alex got into Thomas' passenger seat. He looked at Thomas with a smile. "Hey, babe."

   Thomas smiled also. "What's up, gorgeous?"

   Alex blushed a bit. "Eh...nothing much. Excited to go back to school. What about you?"

   "Dreading school," Thomas grumbled as he pulled out of Alex's driveway.

   "How could you be dreading it?! We're gonna have so many assignments!" Alex said with an excited smile.

   "Exactly!" Thomas said with a sigh. "I'm not ready for that. This summer went by so fast..."

   "You know what they say:" Alex said. "Time flies when you're having fun."

   Thomas smiled. "This summer was fun, wasn't it?"

   "Very! France was so beautiful!" Alex agreed.

   "Not as beautiful as you," Thomas complimented, a smirk on his face.

   Alex rolled his eyes, a blush on his face. "You flatter me."

   Thomas chuckled, glancing over at Alex. He then looked back at the road. "You know, maybe we can...move in together after college..? Dad gives me a weekly allowance...and I've been saving up to buy a house, so..."

   Alex answered without hesitation. "Yes! Oh, yes! I would love to live with you, Thomas!"

  Thomas smiled with relief. "Good! I'm so grateful that I'm with someone like you, Lex..."

   Alex smiled. "I'm grateful that I'm with someone like you too." He looked at Thomas. "I hope we can spend the rest of our lives together."

   "We are gonna spend the rest of our lives together. I know that for a fact," Thomas said. "There's no chance that we won't. I'm never gonna let you go, and I'm never gonna let you let me go."

   Alex blushed. "Good. I wouldn't have it any other way."

   And with another smile directed at one another, the two men drove to Kings College, a place where they would be educated in math, history, and ELA. But Kings College wouldn't be able to teach them about love.

   And that was okay.

   Because Alex and Thomas had learned about love by themselves.

   And they would never stop living each other.

   Never.

   They would be the happiest couple in history.

   Oblivious to all of the hate directed towards them from being gay.

   Just there, blissfully existing with each other.

   Happy.

   The end!!

   Thank you all for reading this book! I really hope you liked it, but I feel that this is a good spot to end it! Again, I hope you liked this book!