Chapter 4: A Casual Party That May Or May Not Be Legal

I can't think of good titles, so please bare with me. •3•
-----------------------------------------------------------

Alex woke up with a small yawn, feeling strong arms around his waist. He felt his eyes widen, having no memory of the previous night.

Oh, no. Who is it this time? Alex thought. He then looked down at himself and saw that he was fully clothed. He heaved a sigh of relief.

That's when Alex looked up at the sleeping person holding him. He let out a small gasp.

Thomas?! Alex thought with confusion. But that's when the memories of the previous night flooded back.

Did anyone get the pun? Flood? Okay...

Aww. Thomas was so nice last night. I think he cares...I hope so...I hope we can move on from our childish ways--

Alex's thoughts were cut off when Thomas shifted slightly, yawning. He looked down at Alex and made this noise that Alex had never heard before.

"wAUGH--" Thomas squealed and fell off the bed. Guess he forgot about the night before too.

Alex looked down at Thomas on the ground and laughed. "You okay?"

Thomas scoffed and brushed himself off, standing up. His cheeks were tinted a light shade of pink. "O-of course! Why wouldn't I be, you idiot?"

Alex looked down, slightly disappointed with his response. "I...I was just wondering...considering you fell off the bed..."

Thomas' eyes softened, but Alex couldn't see that since he was staring at the pattern on the blanket.

"Oh...it's...I'm fine..," Thomas said. It was a bit more gentle, but still not exactly gentle.

Alex smiled slightly at the correction.

Then the two boys heard both their phones buzz simultaneously.

The two looked at their phones in confusion. Thomas grabbed his before looking down at Alex's. He bit his lip and hurriedly tossed the phone to Alex.

Alex caught it, smiling at the thought of Thomas touching his phone.

Whoa. Okay, not too yandere, Alex, Alex thought to himself. He shook his head as he turned on his phone, Thomas following suit.

It was a text from the group chat that they were both invited in. Thomas was invited by Laf, much to the other's disdain. The two men had become friends over the summer. Very good friends.

The two boys both entered the group chat, reading over a text that Laf had sent.

[LargeBaguette: Me and Charles Lee are throwing a party! Would any of you want to come?]

"Charles Lee..?" Alex questioned quietly.

"He's Laf's dormmate," Thomas clarified, his fingers dancing across his phone keyboard, creating a response with his fingertips:

[MacaroniFuker: Sure! What time's it at?]

Lafayette responded quickly with:

[LargeBaguette: It's gonna be at 5:00. Don't be late, mon amies!]

Alex smiled to himself. He didn't know why, but Laf's scattered French words always made him smile. He texted back:

[NonStop: I'll be there!]

[MacaroniFuker: Me, too!]

Everyone else confirmed that they would be showing up, and that was that. The rest of the Saturday went by rather slow for Alex and Thomas. The party was all they could think about.