Chapter 5: Fake Love

Smut warning for his chapter. I was in a weird headspace when writing it so I'm so sorry if you read it before I put the warning. I love you all. Nothing actually happens, but it's very suggestive and I'm so sorry.

Alex blinked. This couldn't be happening to him. He knew this dare would result in heartbreak and weakness, but he also knew there was no way to get out of those things. He looked at Thomas, prepared to have his heart ripped in two.

Thomas stared at Laf, also blinking. He knew he was developing feelings for Alex, but he couldn't let the squad know that! Are you crazy? That would ruin Thomas' reputation! The squad would spread it to other people, and everyone would make fun of him for having feelings for a nerd! And besides, Thomas knew that Alex wouldn't even return the feelings anyway.

Despite the lingering feeling that he was making a big mistake, Thomas smirked. "Yeah, about that. Don't have one."

Alex felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. He fought the urge to run to the bathroom and cry, biting his lip. He straightened his posture to make it look like he was totally, one hundred percent a-okay.

"Bullshit!" John cried, jumping up and pointing to Thomas.

Thomas looked at John questioningly. He was surprised that the freckled gay was even speaking to him.

"You must have a crush on someone!" John said, smirking. "So. Who's the lucky guuuuyyy~?"

Thomas held up a hand to silence John. "Hold on. Why are you automatically assuming I'm gay?"

John shrugged. "I'm just getting those vibes from you. You seem about as straight as a circle."

Thomas rolled his eyes. "For your information, I am straight. As straight as a l--"

"Rainbow," Herc cut Thomas off, smirking.

Thomas glared at Herc. "Will you stop that? I'm straight, and that's my final word on the matter!"

Laf, Herc, and John exchanged suspicious glances, while Alex died inside when Thomas said he didn't like boys.

"Well anyways!" Eliza cut in, smirking in an innocent, pure type of way. "Who's your crush?"

"I already told you! I don't have one!" Thomas said, crossing his arms.

"Sorry, honey, but there's no way we're believing that. You're a really bad liar," Angelica pointed out.

Thomas sighed, knowing nobody was gonna drop the matter. So Thomas did something he would forever regret:

...

..

.

.

.

.

Thomas went up to Peggy, grabbing her hands and chuckling. "All right...you guys got me..," Thomas said dryly, feeling like he was gonna vomit. He looked into Peggy's eyes, which were sparkling with surprise and excitement. "Peggy Schuyler, I've had my eye on you for a long time...and...I love you..."

Peggy smiled widely. "I...I love you too!"

Thomas was surprised at that answer, and he definately didn't have a plan for if Peggy said yes. So he just decided to smile and plant a kiss on her cheek, no matter how much it sickened him.

Everyone gave excited squeals, congratulating the newest couple.

Everyone, that is, except for Alex. This beansprout was watching the two, his eyes blank. He felt tears glaze his eyes, and he knew he couldn't show weakness in front of Th--Jefferson.