Chapter 24: Bonjour, France!

"Yes, yes, yes, yes," Thomas chanted to himself as the plane started to land. "Bonjour, France!"

   Alex was peacefully sleeping through Thomas' chants. Drool was dribbling down his chin, and he was clutching a bag of Airheads Extremes in his hand.

   "Eeeeeeee!" Thomas squealed as the plane came in contact with the ground. He nearly dropped his phone that he had in his hand when the plane rolled over a bump in the runway, but even if he had cracked the screen, he wouldn't have minded. Nothing could've brought him down on such an amazing day!

   The bump woke Alex up. "Ah!" he squeaked, sitting bolt upright. He dropped his Airheads, causing the bite-sized pieces to spill all over the plane's floor.

   Alex sighed sadly, wiping the drool from his chin. "I wasn't done eating those!" he pouted, crossing his arms.

   Thomas rolled his eyes, excitedly looking out the plane's window. "Quit moping! We're here!"

   Alex smiled, also fairly excited to be arriving at the beautiful country known as France. Thomas and him would get to do so many things! They'd get to see the Eiffel Tower, eat all sorts of French foods...What better place to vacation to than Paris?

   The plane started to slow down, and Thomas started bouncing in his seat like he was a basketball on steroids.

   Alex rolled his eyes. "Haven't you been to France before?"

   Thomas nodded, still bouncing. "Yeah. Why?"

   "Then why are you so excited if you've been before? You're acting like this is the first place you've ever traveled."

   Thomas smiled, holding Alex's hand. "Darlin', the reason I'm so excited is that I get to spend my summer in a beautiful country with an even more beautiful boyfriend."

   Alex blushed, averting his gaze. "O-oh, stop..," he stammered, giggling quietly.

   Thomas smiled at how cute Alex looked when he was flustered.

   "Welcome to Paris, everyone!" came the pilot's voice on the intercom thing.

   Thomas' heart fluttered with excitement.

   The plane came to a stop, and everyone started to get up and maks their way out of the metal box and into the airport.

   Thomas unbuckled his seatbelt, Alex following suit. Thomas then grabbed Alex's hand and yanked him to his feet. "We're here, Lex! We're here!" he cheered, smiling.

   Alex giggled, gazing at Thomas lovingly. "Indeed we are, my love."

   Thomas then dragged Alex out of the plane and into the airport.

   "Whoa..," Alex mumbled. The Paris airport was humongous! Alex had never seen an airport with a higher ceiling.

   Thomas seemed amused at Alex's wonder. "Pretty big, huh?" he asked, walking with Alex through the vast space.

   "Very," Alex answered, looking around.

   "Ooh!" Thomas said suddenly. "There they are!" He pointed to a relatively big family sitting on a bench.

   Alex followed Thomas' gaze. "Who are they?" he asked, seeing the big family.

   "That's my family!" Thomas responded, waving to the family.

   A woman who appeared to be Thomas' mother waved back happily, and who Alex assumed were Thomas' father and siblings gave half-hearted waves.

   Thomas grabbed Alex's hand that he had only recently let go of and pulled him to his family.

   Alex began to panic. First impressions were everything, especially to your lover's homophobic father. And, knowing him, he would probably blow it. He wasn't exactly gifted in the ways of talking to people.

   The closer Alex and Thomas got to Thomas' family, the more nervous Alex got. What if his family hates me? he thought, swallowing a lump that had formed in his throat. What if they forbid me from seeing Thomas ever again?

   Alex pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind as him and Thomas approached what Alex thought to be his doom.

   AKA, Thomas' family.

   "Mom, Dad," Thomas said with a smile, not bothering to acknowledge his siblings, "this is my boyfriend, Alexander Hamilton."

   Alex smiled politely. "Nice to meet you," he said, his voice quivering from nervousness.

   Thomas' mom seemed overjoyed to meet Alex. "Oh, goodness! How handsome you are!" She stretched out her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you!"

   Alex didn't really know how to respond to Mrs. Jefferson calling him handsome, so he simply shook her hand with a friendly smile.

   Once the handshake was over, Alex and Thomas anxiously looked over at Mr. Jefferson. His expression was very judgemental and condescending.

   That intimidated Alex greatly. "Uh...I'm Alexander Hamilton, sir..," he said. He mentally shot himself, though, considering Thomas had literally just said his name.

   "I know," Thomas' dad grumbled.

   "Um...it's nice to meet you..?" Alex asked.

   Thomas' dad tiredly looked over at his son. "If you were gonna date a guy, couldn't you have chosen a better one?"

   Alex felt his heart drop to his feet. "U-uh..."

   Thomas sighed. "Dad, Alex is perfect. I couldn't have chosen a better man," he said, anger in his voice. "What is it that you don't like about him?"

   "For one, he's ugly," his dad answered.

   Thomas' mom gasped. "Dear!"

   Alex looked down, tears filling his eyes.

   "Dad!" Thomas scolded, pulling Alex close to his chest. "Alex is the handsomest person I've ever met!"

   His mom shot his dad a glare, signaling for him to be nice.

   Thomas' dad rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I guess he's average looking. You two are...perfect for each other..." He looked like he was really struggling to make those words sound genuine.

   "I agree!" Thomas' mom said.

   There was silence for a bit, then Thomas said, "Well, we should be getting to our hotel," His voice was filled with loathing for his father.

   That's when Thomas, his family, and Alex made their way to the hotel, awkward silence enveloping them all.

   After a bit of walking, Thomas whispered to Alex, "My dad'll come around to you. Who wouldn't? You're so adorable and nice."

   Those words made Alex smile a little, but hurt was still visible in his eyes. "Yeah..."

   Thomas saw the hurt in his eyes, so he intertwined his fingers with Alex's. "Hey...don't listen to anything he says...You're wonderful, hon."

   Alex let a full-blown smile slip. "I am..," he said, trying to convince himself that that was true.

   "You are," Thomas repeated, squeezing Alex's hand. "Don't dwell on him. After all, look around! We're in France!"

   Alex smiled again. "We are. And this vacation is gonna be great."

   "It will." Thomas smiled also.

   And so, the two men eagerly retrieved their bags and such, happy to be in such a wonderful country.

   Their vaction was beginning.