Chapter 6: A Rainy Night

Thomas searched for Alex everywhere, yet he couldn't find him. He even looked outside the college and at every bar on campus. But still...

   Nothing.

   He sighed, ready to give up. Rain started falling from the gray clouds above, and Thomas groaned. "Well, this'll be fun walking in..."

   Thomas started walking back, and the rain was falling harder. His hair was a bit flatter than before, the weight of the water holding it down. He then heard a twig snap from behind him. He froze. "Who's there..?" he whispered weakly, his walking coming to a stop.

   Alex didn't realize that he had stepped on a twig until he heard the snap and Thomas' weak question. He groaned quietly. "Fuck..."

   That's when Thomas whipped around and saw a broken looking Alex with his arms crossed in an attempt to get some body heat. Alex's hair was soaked, and his bottom lip was quivering. It was clear that he had been crying.

   Thomas slowly started to walk towards Alex, his hand outstretched towards him. "Alex..?"

   Alex tensed, figuring that Thomas was there to gloat or to give him useless pity that ended in more heartbreak. Like, "I'm sorry, but I love her." So he did the only thing he saw fit:

   He ran away.

   Like he had been for the best forty-five minutes. A mix of tears streamed down his face as he ran to wherever his tired out legs took him.

   "Wait! No! Come back!" Thomas cried, running after Alex. His strides were long and elegant, while Alex's were short and weak. It didn't help that Thomas' legs were so much longer than his.

   Alex ignored Thomas' pleads, trying his best to run faster. Thomas was gaining on the short beansprout, panting quietly. "Alex..! Wait..!"

   Alex was slowing down. His legs were so tired from all of the running he had done, and he was panting loudly. "St...stay away from me!" Alex hissed, turning around to face Thomas.

   Thomas almost rammed into Alex because of his sudden stop. He turned his head to the side. "What..? Why..?"

   Alex crossed his arms. "I'm not gonna stand by and let you break my heart by going with Peggy! I'm done with it! We're not friends anymore, Jeffershit!"

   Thomas was frozen. "Wait...so..."

   "For fuck's sake, Thomas! Don't make me spell it out for you! I love you, damn it! And I think you knew that! You just wanted to get it out of me to make me feel like trash!"

   "No! That's not what I meant at al--"

   "Sure it wasn't! Do you know how hard it was to see you and Peggy fucking?! I don't know if I'll ever get over you, Thom--"

   Alex was cut off by Thomas connecting their lips together softly.

   Alex was shocked. He didn't kiss back at first, but after processing what was going on, he kissed back, wrapping his arms around Thomas' neck as Thomas' hands rested on his hips.

   Thomas pulled apart first, his forehead touching Alex's. "I love you too..."

   Alex'a mind was racing with thoughts. Words buzzed around his brain like angry bees as he opened his mouth to speak.

   Nothing came out at first, but he finally said what he wanted to say.

   "But...what about Peggy..? Don't you love her..?"

   Thomas scoffed, chuckling. "Pfft. I don't give a fuck about that bitch. All she wants from me is sex, anyways."

   Alex's heart felt as if it burst into a ball of fireworks. He smiled widely, throwing his arms around Thomas.

   Thomas hugged back, chuckling.

   The rain fell on both the boys, making their clothes wet and heavy. But thet didn't care. The only thing that mattered was each other.

   Alex then had a thought:

   "Tommy...if you didn't love Peggy...why'd you go to her and not me?"

   Thomas bit his lip, still hugging Alex. He decided to tell Alex half of why he did what he did to not hurt his feelings.

   "I didn't think you liked me back...and I didn't wanna face rejection..." Thomas said, breaking the hug and staring into Alex's brown eyes that were lit up with love and passion. Thomas could see his reflection in Alex's beautiful orbs.

   "Oh...okay!" Alex smiled, not pressing any further.

   "So...do you wanna be my boyfriend?" Thomas asked, looking at Alex with a nervous smile.

   Alex answered without hesitation. "Yes! Of course!"

   Thomas laughed breathlessly with relief. "Oh, thank God!" he said, kissing Alex passionately.

   Alex squeaked in surprise but melted into the kiss, humming happily.

   Finally. After all that time, it was perfect. No more bullying, no more cutting, no more put-downs. It was just pure bliss.

   At least that's what Alex and Thomas thought as the nade their way back to the dorm building with their hands intertwined.

   Oho. If only they knew...

   400 reads!! I love ya'll so much!! aAAAAAA!