#9: Cars and Calls.

we're all trying to forget someone

Isabella

I did one visual check to try and remember if I was forgetting anything. I mentally ticked my 'to pack' list as I checked it out in my head.

"Bella." May said coming by the door again, "You know we can come back if we forget anything, right? It's not like we're going to Spain, come on."

"Yeah, just checking," I smiled. I checked my bag for the pills. Just in case, they're for precaution. I affirmed it to myself three times.

I swing my bag on my shoulder and head out of my house nodding at Morgan. I step outside and hear the door behind me close. The security locking system with CCTV cameras and guards is top-notch.

I appreciated Jason, Liam, and May sleeping over last night. Even though I was back home, I didn't want to be alone. It's true what people say; home is not where you live. It's where you're wanted. Last night, I felt like I was wanted here. Jason insisted on playing Fortnite. I knew what he was trying to achieve. He ordered pepperoni pizzas from Pop's and since they were out of cold coffees, he ordered four beers instead. It came close to ticking off my only bucket list but there was something missing and I couldn't bring myself to check it off.

It was the best night that I had in the last eight years, no doubt. But my bucket still isn't checked out yet.

A light breeze hit my face and strands of my black hair flew across my face. I immediately pulled it all back into a high pony and secured it tightly. My eyes scanned across the parking lawn. Bodyguards in between a bright green garden, two cars waiting to be boarded, and a handful of people whose faces I was trying to match with forgotten names.

"Oh, Lord," A voice declared behind me.

I turned around and her blonde hair caught my eyes. Her eyes crinkled when her smile grew bigger. The very familiar shade of green that I stopped fancying a while ago. It didn't take me longer than a second to recognize this face. I couldn't forget this face even if I wanted to.

"Julie O'Connel," I smiled as she pounced on me and engulfed me first, in her scent and second, in her hug.

"Isabella Cosmo, this is an honor," she was screaming when she pulled back. "You look absolutely chic." She eyed me up and down thrice. Not even a minute had passed and I was already uncomfortable.

My high-waisted ankle-length trousers were casually paired with a cinch of the light summer-styled cream shirt having small black polka dots. My shoes were simple mochi formal shoes. It didn't fit the type for resort or wedding, but it was easy to travel in, so I preferred this over everything else.

Play it back. You need to become a thief in order to catch one sometimes. So I did the same action of eyeing her up and down.

She wore a pastel yellow floaty bandeau strapless dress styled with brown boots and the summer highlight fashion this year, a denim bag. She knew the trend by heart.

"Thank you, you too," I extolled what she wore. "Keeping a keen tab on the runway?"

"You would know," she laughed louder this time. Yes, I did, I just approved Ryder's social media theme.

I tear my eyes off her brightly dressed self and glance around. The matt black Range Rover parked beside my Aston Martin swept me off the ground and took my breath away. I almost choked when I saw the figure leaning against its boot.

The beard was gone and he didn't look one day older than eighteen, or the last time I'd seen him like this. He was exactly like that. It almost looked like he never aged. The difference was that his hair wasn't messy, it was all spiked up which only made him hotter. He didn't look muscular but he definitely looked stronger, and taller, and the veins on his arms were more prominent than before.