#44: Men In Red.

men in tuxes can fool anyone

Isabella

The pre-wedding party was nothing short of a royal ball. The lawns were lit with lanterns and fairy lights while a huge LED dance floor was placed at the center of the open yard. The bar counter was resplendent with an array of alcohol, some that brought out the home flavor while Jason's new client in Scotland sponsored some. 

There was a mixture of Indian songs with a blend of classic English songs. The arena was filled with people dressed in aesthetic shades of black and red, to go with the theme. Liam Davis has always loved the dangerous cocktail combination with black and red attire. This whole party was his idea and hence, followed his choice of theme. 

I greeted a few people whose faces I'd grown accustomed to in the last three weeks. When I think back, I'd probably made quite a number of acquaintances in my time here. The smile of acknowledgment never ended on my face. 

"Gorgeous," I turned to the complement shooting my way from a very nicely dressed Jacob Miles. He took my hand and brushed his lips over my knuckles before letting it down with a bow. 

His red suit fit his body like a tailored Armani. His black dress shirt and his vest accented his merlot red tuxedo jacket. He looked like someone who could walk the fashion week ramp without needing any rehearsals. 

Men in suits can be deceptive. 

"You look pretty, yourself." I eye him another top to bottom glance and his ears turn red. I see him slither a smile and I coo at his coyness. "Someone's in a good mood. Do I want to know?" 

He puckers his lips suppressing a smile. "We kissed," he tells me in his lowest voice and I'm suddenly pulled back to a high school scenario. I scream in mute but I pause as he holds a finger. "Multiple times," he completes and I finish my silent cheering. 

I nudge his chest with pride as I've officially completed my duties as his wing-woman. "There you go. See it wasn't so hard?" 

His smile fell and impassiveness spread over his face. That expression was so not gratifying with his suit. He did need rehearsals perhaps. "What do you know? You just flickered a flame and cleared the room. I was the one who handled all the explosions." 

"Be grateful. If it wasn't for me, there wouldn't have been fire for you to handle." I pat his chest three times before turning around and gazing at the open arena again. 

"Where's Lily?" He peeps around me as if he'd find her behind my legs. 

I roll my eyes as I give him a glance that makes him stop. "Grace and Ethan took her home to give her a tour. She's spending the night there. She'll come with them in the morning." 

I eye his stature, "Did you talk to them?" 

He straightened his blazer as both our eyes searched the lawns until they focused on the spot near the bar. Austin and Jason sat on high bar stools, drinking and chattering with the bartender who seemed to be explaining to them the drink he has served. Or that's what it looks like from here. Just steps away from them, May and Liam were greeting a few of the relatives with smiles that almost look mastered from all the practice they've had in three weeks. 

"Not yet," Jacob sighed at the same time I let out a shaky exhale. "I'm considering not to. They're getting married tomorrow, I don't want to be the one spoiling their beauty sleep." 

I turn to him so I can give him a full-fledged glare. "Everything else is sorted, it's about time you do it before it's too late." 

He scowls with a procrastinating expression. "Isn't it too late already?"