#35: All The Angst.

get away from him, he's mine

Isabella

FBI emanates the kind of power I had only dreamt of having. I never thought I'd have a life outside of the publishing house. But thanks to four years of vigorous training under Commander Dylan Roy and Ryan Porter, I could get a hang of the field agent's position in the FBI. Ryan had been explaining the set of rules that I'm subjected to. He clarified to me that I'm not a full-time agent but because I have the potential of a recruit, I'd be summoned only when it's necessary.

He kept affirming to me that it's not a big deal but in a way, it kind of is. Either way, I was only interested in the powers that come along with it. This was the right time to get in control of it.

I couldn't get hold of Jacob again, Ashley has started becoming territorial around him. I decided to explain everything to him with time. As for Austin, I didn't have to 'deal' with him because he was maintaining distance from me. I was occupied but I didn't overlook how he walked away from places I arrived at, how he only sat at tables far away from me or after I'd finished eating. He never met my eyes and he kept portraying he was busy the entire day so I don't trouble him.

On the contrary, I also observed how much he was helping Julie set up tables and click pictures of the girls. It pinched my heart every time I heard him laugh with her. His hot and cold behavior needed to come to an end. If he genuinely has something with her, or for her, I need him to tell me so I can ethically step away. I don't want to be the one coming in between relationships. Especially after Jacob filled me in with the "incident", my actions have softened around the six of them.

The turmoil they underwent is still stuck in my head. I wouldn't want to be the person who ends up hurting any of them, even unintentionally.

I walk up the stairs because the elevator was too slow and crowded for me. I'm about to turn to the hallway of my room when I hear the elevator open and Julie's voice boom through it. I glance at her and see his arm on her shoulder as they step out.

Walk away, Bella. Walk away. It's the right thing to do. For you and for him.

I turn around, even though both of their eyes caught mine. Julie smiled, Austin didn't. He was respectful enough to take his hand off her in front of me. He looks away. I see Julie wave at me and I smile back. Oh, don't you expect me to wave at you when you're clutching his arm like that? They turn to walk away in the opposite hallway. Her hands shot up to his hair and she ruffled it again. This was it--

"Austin?" I call and he turns around without meeting my gaze. I have got to prepare myself before I take such drastic steps. "I have to discuss something about work."

"Yes?" He says pushing his hands inside his pockets.

Julie finally takes her hand out of his hair. Bitch, run. I can shoot you now and I won't even have to go to jail for it.

No, Bella. What the hell? You will do no such thing. Get a fucking grip.

Yeah, get a fucking grip, around her neck.

"Um, it's about the featuring. Do you mind stepping inside?" I gesture to my suite door. He glances at it and then looks at Julie.

Oh, he's taking her permission now?

She takes her hand out of his arm and she nods with a smile. He walks towards me as she walks the other way. He keeps his eyes on his shoes as he follows me to my room.

It's so hard to ignore how breath-taking he's looking in that loose black vest that shows his thick arms and the denim shorts that are making me gulp so hard. I'm guessing he spent the whole of today at the beach. I hold the door while he steps in. I close the door and lock it from the inside. May's nowhere around but I wouldn't want anyone interrupting.