Highway Cemetery

This story happened in the Year of 2009. I had a newly purchased motorcycle and since then I started going on long rides as well as midnight road trips to Antipolo back to Quezon City just to chill out in the overlooking view of the city.

One weekend a family friend invited me to come over for a fiesta located at Laguna, and since I love travelling during the night I decided to leave Manila at 2:00 AM so I'd be at the place by 5:00 AM or 6:00 AM. I left the house and went to the nearest gasoline station to refuel and check my bike and, of course, check if I have my license and other necessary things needed for the journey.

Since there is almost no traffic I'm already at Marikina City at 2:30 AM and exactly 3:00 AM at Teresa, Antipolo Rizal; it's an accident prone mountain highway which is the shortest route to my destination. So far the trip is fine until I reached Paete / Pakil Laguna cemetery just beside the National Highway. My bike's throttle won't work so I stopped to check if the line snapped. I looked around with my flashlight and yeah, it hit me hard when reality sets in with me being in the middle of a dark highway beside a cemetery.

I shined the light and surprisingly the bike is fine, so I packed the tools and sat down to my bike; now my bike won't turn on. Now I started to get ticked off because I feel like I'm being played at. When I was still young my grandparents always tell me that spirits or other elements mess with travelers by doing all sorts of stuff with their vehicles. So I said out loud "I'm sorry if I have disturbed you, please let me pass peacefully." Suddenly I heard a child's laugh in the distance then I felt as if I'm being surrounded.

I started to feel so cold then sweating and shaking as I started kick starting my bike because it won't start automatically. And then out of nowhere a small rock hit the back of my helmet and I heard the creepy child's laugh again, this time it as if the laugh just behind me!

My bike finally started and I sped like hell out of there as if I were in a drag race. When I reached a gasoline station, I calmed my nerves, make sense of what the hell just happened and waited until day break to go to the Fiesta.

When I arrived I told them what happened to me at the highway, an old man at the opposite side of the table told me that I must have forgotten to honk the horn before passing the cemetery. That's why the spirits played a prank on me, I did not pay respect.

Since then I never traveled to that highway at night.

Source: https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25731