Concerned.

Keith was a cautious person, always had been and probably always would be.

You could only imagine his panic when the green lion suddenly stopped and Pidge's comm only relayed static.

Not even Lance in the red lion could beat Keith as he bolted to the smaller lion.

"Pidge?! Pidge, come in!" Keith shouted as he flew, desperation to hear her reply clear in his voice.

"Pidge!" Lance yelled as well, "Come on, Pidgey! We need to know you're okay!"

Hunk hadn't even said a word, just barreled after the two to the floating and limp green lion. The poor man was in a panic.

It took him no effort thanks to the brute strength of the yellow lion for him to push past Black and Red and get to Green.

Hunk was the one who got inside first, he was the one who first saw the burn marks on the walls of the cockpit.

He was the one who fell to knees and sobbed when he realized Pidge was gone.

Lance, Keith and Allura were absolutely horrified when they entered the lion to see the eerie emptiness, so dull and dark without the bubbling young Paladin to brighten it up.

Keith took it the worst.

You'd expect him to be screaming and breaking things. To be as irrational and aggressive as when they all got stranded in space together.

But he wasn't.

He was silent, broken, unable to speak or move.

Someone had Pidge.

Someone had the girl he'd been looking after for years now, the girl he'd promised Shiro nearly a decade ago he'd keep an eye on.

Sure, he'd made that promise when they were children. He'd only been eleven at the time and Pidge had still been Katie, but he took the promise to keep her safe especially seriously since their journey to space.

His ears were ringing, he could barely hear Lance tell him they would find her and whoever took her would pay.

He could barely feel Hunk shaking him and telling him to snap out of it.

He didn't ever register the blade in his hand or his feet moving as he sprinted back to Black.

None of it mattered, he needed to find Pidge.

Then it all came to screeching halt when Black slammed down onto the bond between them.

Her growl was intense and clear; Keith wasn't going anywhere. He could try and argue with the lion all he wanted, she was in control.

"Please.." he begged, desperate to go and find Pidge.
"I can't leave her alone.."

The lion cooed softly, reassuring her Paladin they'd find her soon, but they needed to be careful and needed help.

As if on cue the Atlas came into view.

"Everyone! Head to the Atlas! Hunk, you and Lance bring Green back!" Keith barked into the comms and everyone relayed their understanding.

Keith let the lion fly them back to the Atlas, Shiro was waiting for him on the hangar.

He didn't even have to say anything before Shiro pulled him into a hug.

"We'll find her." He said firmly, holding onto his younger brother tightly.

"What if we don't..?" Keith asked, voice cracking with concern.

"We will." Shiro insisted, concealing his own panic, "We'll find her and get her back. I promise."

Keith just sniffled and nodded.

They'd get Pidge back.

They had to.