Contorted.

Lotor keeps his grip on her hand gentle as they walk down the hall.

"Are you ready?" He asks, smiling down at her.

Pidge nods, giving him a nervous smile in return.

Lotor has decided today was the day he announced that Pidge was his claim and that she was to be his empress.

It was a good day to do so, Lotor had all of the Galran factions gathering to decide what they were going to do about Voltron.

"Are you nervous?" He asked, moving his hand from her hand to her shoulder.

"A bit.." Pidge sighed, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

It never wanted to stay in place now that it was practically silk.

"Don't be," Lotor smiled, stopping and turning so he was facing her.
"You're going to do great, I wouldn't have chosen you if I didn't believe otherwise."

"I thought you chose me because I was the easiest to get to.." Pidge sighed, looking down at her feet.

Lotor kept her barefoot or else in soft slippers, he knew she felt more comfortable in those than heels.

"Maybe at first, but it only took me a few days to realize that you're the best in the entire universe I could've chosen.." he murmured, gently grabbing onto her waist and pulling her close.

"Katie, you're smart and wonderful, you've made me happier than ever.." he pressed his forehead against hers, "you're the light of my life.. the one I want.."

"Lotor.." Pidge whimpered, hands going to his shoulders.

She didn't know if she wanted to push him away or get him closer.

All of her emotions and feelings towards Lotor were jumbled up.

Every fiber of her being told her to hit him and scream and run and escape, but the fear and discipline Lotor had instilled in her took over and told her to stay.

"I love you, Katie.. I really do.." He smiled, pulling her into a soft kiss.

For once it wasn't malicious, no disciplinary intent behind it, no anger.

It wasn't a training device, it was his honest to god affection.

Pidge didn't push him away or try to hit him.

She didn't want this nice moment to turn into something it wasn't.

He held her close, one hand cupping her cheek as he kept his lips pressed against hers.

She was shaking, crying even when he pulled away.

Lotor frowned at her hiccuping and sobbing, trying to soothe her.

"Katie, Katie, sweetheart," he murmured, running a hand through her hair.

"I'm sorry-" she whimpered, unable to stop the tears.
"I'm so sorry.."

"Hey, it's okay," he insisted, wiping away the tears before they dripped down onto the intricate and freshly sewn gown.

It looked more like a purple and gold wedding dress than anything else he'd ever put her in.

It reminded Pidge of old renaissance gowns.

The corset was tight, accentuating the already dramatic change of her figure.

The skirt was blown out like a ball gown, all dramatic and ethereal like Lotor liked.

Pidge had never been the type for dramatic flare, that was always Lance's thing.