Corrupt.

Keith tried to take deep breathes as he felt his body change.

Muscles were contorting and bones were stretching.

"What is going on?!" Keith snapped, struggling from where he was being restrained.

Kolivan had ordered that he be strapped to the medical examination table so they could observe the rapid change to Keith's body.

"Your genetics are reconfiguring to a Galran genome." Acxa said simply, not looking up from the tablet she had in hand.

"English! Please!" Keith yelled, trashing as the pain began to grow even worse.

"You're going to look like one of us," his mother smiled, seeming proud that her other child was going to look like her.

She didn't mind that Keith didn't look like a Galra, in fact she quite enjoyed his pale skin and dark hair.

It was just a painful reminder at times about the man she'd lost sometimes. The man she'd loved so dearly.

"He's going to do so much more than look like us," Kolivan murmured, looking over the scans of Keith's body.
"He's going to be as strong as us, if not more. He's going to be the best of the best."

"Really?" Shiro asked, looking over at the Blade leader.

"Of course, he's got the best of Galra and human genetics." Acxa hummed, looking over and grinning.
"A fit, strong human and a model, stealthy assassin? That's a genetic goldmine."

"Thank you, dear." Krolia chuckled, just trying to soothe her son who was not doing so well with the rapid body modifications.

Keith had used to despise his Galra genetics.

When he first passed the trail and activated his blade he wanted to drain his own corrupted blood out of his body and convince Pidge to create an all human version of his genetics.

Allura had hated him and his cursed genetics. He wanted to bring his dad back from the dead and scream at him for not just choosing a human to bring him into this world with.

When he began to notice the signs of him turning at times he wanted to scream and hide away.

He filed down the claws and broke the fangs that dared to grow in.

He forced himself into the brightest rooms of the castle so his eyes wouldn't have the chance to adjust to darkness like his Galra eyes wanted to.

Maybe his body wanted to become Galra but he didn't.

It wasn't going to happen.

He wouldn't let it.

Keith remembered the way he felt his ears prick and twist in pain when he saw Pidge get hit down in the middle of a fight.

He remembered how he growled and lunged at the sentry who dared to touch her and didn't even need his bayard to sink his hand into the torso of the robot.

The primal instinct to protect the small girl was overpowering and borderline terrifying.

He wanted to destroy everything that dared to wish her harm.

Tear them to shreds with his bare hands and rip their throats out with his teeth.

Primal and powerful, an urge to protect and keep the smallest Paladin close.

"Keep your hormones to yourself!" Acxa choked out, covering her nose.

Even Krolia was shrinking away from the scent Keith was giving off.