Coerse.

Keith wanted to strangle his team when he heard the excuses of why they didn't start the rescue mission sooner.

Because they were all excuses.

First it was they didn't know what took her, then they didn't know her location, then they wanted to wait and see what Lotor did, then they needed to give her time to recover, then they needed to rethink the entire plan.

But Keith knew, he knew they were all just afraid to face Lotor again.

Afraid because if Lotor was able to tame Pidge, who couldn't he tame?

Keith could barely contain himself as they changed into the stolen guard and soldier uniforms.

First things first, find the Druids and take them out.

The last thing the team needed was for those fuckers to mess up their plans.

Keith slunk down to the Druids laboratory with Shiro and Krolia, Lance, Hunk and Allura were establishing a perimeter to make sure Pidge didn't leave without them knowing.

The Druids were going over the daily scan of Pidge's body and updating the files on her.

"Its condition is stable, the body is taking the quintessence well despite its species." One of the Druids murmured, an enlarged hologram of Pidge in front of the trio of Druids.

Keith's skin crawled at how they called her an it.

"Modifications are progressing steady, though, if Lotor intends to make it any smaller we'll have to reform muscle tissue and remove bones."

Keith wanted to get up and stab them and then Lotor.

They'd made Pidge smaller than she already was? To the point that they'd have to break her and reform her if she got any smaller?

"Reformation shouldn't be necessary, Lotor's ordered that its bones stay intact besides shaving them down." Another Druid said simply.

"Do we have any signs of organ failure within the subject?"

"It's a risk, Lotor still insists its main source of nutrition be quintessence, though I doubt it's noticed. It hasn't asked for food in weeks."

Keith looked over at Krolia who nodded.

The Druids didn't see them coming and within ten minutes there was three bodies on the floor.

"Okay," Keith huffed, cleaning the blood off his bayard.
"Off to that fucking meeting.."

Keith kept his eyes out for Pidge or Lotor, pausing and ducking behind a corner when he heard the bastard speak.

"Are you ready?" Lotor asked, voice echoing off the large empty hallways.

"Are you nervous?" He asked after a moment.

"A bit.." A familiar voice sighed.

Pidge.

Keith peeked out from his spot, eyes widening when he saw the sight in front of him.

"Don't be," Lotor smiled, stopping and turning so he was facing her.

Pidge was barely recognizable.

"You're going to do great, I wouldn't have chosen you if I didn't believe otherwise."

Those words made Keith's skin crawl.

"I thought you chose me because I was the easiest to get to.." Pidge frowned. In a normal situation those words would've had a bite behind them, a snappy tone that meant she was upset.