Changeless.

Pidge didn't realize how much she missed her friends.

She missed their smiles and the warmth their presence brought.

She missed Lance's jokes and Hunk's rambling about food.

She missed the way Shiro acted like a dad to them all and Allura's accent.

She missed the way Veronica and Acxa were clearly dating no matter how they denied it.

She missed the MFE pilots all arguing among the group because they were so used to being in solider mode that seeing the defenders of the universe be normal teenagers confused the hell out of them.

God, she'd missed it so much.

Pidge wished she hadn't let her fear of being hurt again lock them out for so long.

She wished she wasn't still afraid at that moment because it was a group of loud people in a small room and she knew that if she were still with Lotor that would mean another gang rape.

Pidge shut her eyes tightly, taking a deep breath.

She wasn't with Lotor, not anymore.

Pidge was on the Atlas, she was with her friends.

She was safe.

Keith squeezed her hand to snap her out of her thoughts, looking down at her in concern.

"I'm good." She murmured, leaning against him a bit more.

Hunk had run off to get food, enlisting Allura's help to carry it all back.

Pidge could feel everyone's eyes on her.

Well, not on her, on her body and her face and all the modifications.

"You can ask about it, y'know." Pidge said bluntly, cutting Lance's long speech about almost breaking the bridge off.

"Wait, what-" Keith stammered, obviously afraid of them asking her about the changes.

He didn't want her to spiral into a panic attack because of the memories.

"You can ask. It's probably.. the least terrible thing that happened.." she sighed, squeezing Keith's hand a bit tighter.

The others all cringed and frowned and felt their hearts break at how such a traumatizing and damaging thing that she'd likely have to see for the rest of her life wasn't the worse thing that happened to her.

How was a lifelong reminder of what had happened to her not the worst thing that had happened?

"What's up with your face? Why do you look, so, so.." Ina trailed off, looking for the right word.

"So doll like?" Pidge suggested, finishing the sentence for her.

"Yes."

"Lotor said I looked too much like a boy," Pidge smiled at how the Paladins all chuckle, her boyish features were the reason she had met them all.

"Oh, and 'scars and bumps are unladylike like, not attractive.' As Lotor said." She rolled her eyes at that.

"I'm assuming Galra don't go through puberty." Lance sighed.

"Apparently." Veronica giggled.

"Well, I think you're beautiful either way," Keith hummed, pressing an affectionate kiss to her cheek.

He glared at the others when they all squealed.

"That's so cute!" Lance laughed, leaning against Shiro.