| two: certitude

CHAPTER TWO
Certitude
⠀⠀⠀⠀

The pain.

It shot through me at a rapid pace. First through my arm, then towards my head.
It became to much for me, so taking one last look at my crying brother in front of me, I closed my eyes, and let myself sleep within oblivion.

What seemed to be only minutes later, I awoke in a blur.

My vision was hazy, but as it cleared, I found myself facing the ceiling of a familiar room.
Beneath me, I felt a soft plush; the same as my bed.

"Jess?" A voice alerted me.

"St-Stiles?" I stuttered while sitting up quickly, not bothering to notice the headache that flooded to my head.

Stiles was sitting on the end of my bed, eyes wide and his mouth showing a smile.
"No, Jess" He said, standing up on two feet then coming beside me. He pushed me back onto the bed and sat directly to my left. "You should rest. A lot happened so y-"

"No, no i'm fine." I interrupted. I sat up in objection, and stood up. Running my hand along my arm, I felt a silk bandage that wrapped around my shoulder, and that's when I remembered what happened.
Liam and I almost falling to our deaths, a crazed cannibal being killed by an axe and... the bite.

With my back turned away from Stiles, I could hear him shuffle around behind me, and knew that he was stepping closer.

"Yeah, you may feel okay, but me and Scott think it's best if you just rest for a while."
"I've slept enough. I'm fine, Stiles." I groaned, placing my hand against my head that felt like it was about to explode.
I didn't want to admit it to Stiles. I knew I wasn't okay, but I know what happened last night. I feel to mad to do anything right now.
"Jess..."

"I said I'm fine!" I yelled as I grabbed his wrist and held it tight in my hand.
I felt no regret, no guilt. All of my emotions were replaced with anger and... bloodlust.

Then it all stopped.

"Jess!" Scott's voice sounded over my rage.
Looking towards the doorway, I could see Scott standing there, a worried and demanding look upon his face.

'What am I doing?'

To the right of Scott, was the vanity desk my dad had bought me for my tenth birthday.
My eyes trailed to the mirror, and what reflected back at me, almost made me jump out of my skin.

My emerald green eyes, had been replaced with golden yellow ones. A set of sharp canines stuck out from my teeth, and my finely painted nails, had been replaced with long pointy ones. These were the kinds of things that class you as a werewolf.

A werewolf.

With my hand still wrapped around Stiles' wrist, I turned to see him standing there, calm and still.

I could feel my stomach twist as I realised what I had done. I had the urge to kill him. I had the urge to kill Stiles, my non related, idiot brother.

Letting go of him in one quick motion, I replaced my anger with love, and grabbed Stiles around the neck, pulling him into a hug.

"Don't be afraid." He coaxed me as he too wrapped his arms around my back.

Through the mirror, I could see my eyes change from gold to green, and Scott walking towards us, embracing Stiles and I.

⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀

Scott had explained everything to me. The things I understood, were doubled over by the things I didn't understand.