| eight: normalcy

CHAPTER EIGHT
Normalcy
⠀⠀⠀⠀  

I groaned at the sight of the sun shining through the window. I threw my blanket further over my head, ignoring Scott's yammering.

"Jess, get up." He began smacking my whole body from the other side of the blanket. I growled in response like the werewolf I am.

"Why? It isn't even a school day." I groaned, turning on the spot to wrap myself further into the blanket.

"Do you want a ride to Liam's or not?"

"Yes!" I practically jumped out of the bed sheets and threw my arms up in the air, accidentally smacking Scott across the face. I laughed it off, ignoring his complaining and pushed myself up off of my bed and ran into the bathroom, doing my best not to pass out over how tired I still felt. Strange how I was able to find some way of getting up.

I rested my hands against the counter top and stared into the mirror. My hair was all kinds of messy. I had no makeup on, and again I reminded myself of a zombie. However, makeup was less of a concern to me compared to my hair.

I furiously dug around in the drawers underneath the sink in search of a hairbrush. Oh I pray that my hair doesn't permanently stay like this.

"Why are you so worried about how you look?" Scott's voice startled me from my bent over position on the floor.

I stood up once more and stared at him in the mirror while I brushed through my hair violently. Thank god I was able to find a comb. "It's a girl thing, Scott. You wouldn't understand."

Scott rolled his eyes but kept a giant grin planted on his face. "I've been around girls enough to know things. And you of all of them are the one I know the most."

I threw the comb into the sink before rushing out of the bathroom. I pushed past my brother, ignoring his stupid smirk. "Well, then don't ask questions you think you know the answer to."

Opening my closet, I began shuffling through clothes that I had worn countless times. I could have easily pulled off any style, but nothing I looked or seemed satisfying. I was definitely feeling nervous of what to wear in front of Liam even though I shouldn't have gave a damn at all. He's seen me drenched in water with blood over me, I don't think it can get any worse.

I feel like it can though.

Finally, I decided to give up on the whole 'impress Liam' thing, and I thought that I'd just wear what I wanted. After all, a girl who's confident in her clothes is the kind of girl to be feared. I reminded myself that his parents were going to be there too, and I didn't know whether to scream or cry. All of it was pretty absurd. Just a week ago I had wished that i'd be able to go to his house, and now I am. Things can happen in only a matter of days.

"Do you mind?" I questioned Scott with an unamused tone. I swung my chosen dress around in the air as a symbol for him to give me the privacy I so clearly need. I'll probably regret choosing a dress, but honestly I need to get out of the whole 'denim shorts genre' for once.

"Why couldn't Mom just drive you. You're taking forever." Scott groaned as he stepped away from the door. I followed him until he was standing in the hallway, looking at me with what I could only assume bored would look like.

"You have ten minutes before I leave your ass. I don't want to be late for the PSAT'S, and I'm sure you don't want to be late for your... date." He laughed with another smirk.

I shoved him further away from the door and slammed it shut before he could make a joke out of it. Oh, how I can hate my brother.

Nine minutes later, I was dressed and had done my hair using one of the many hairstyles Lydia showed me. I took one final look at myself in the vanity mirror my dad had bought me, and ran downstairs without another thought.